Chapter 22: Fear Your Heart

Zoe's POV

"Fear no evil,
fear no dark,
fear no creature,
but fear your heart."

I woke up in hearing this, practically sitting up quickly and looking around my room... Or the Great Hall rather.

My eyebrows furrowed as I realized that I was lying down on the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, the room deadly quiet as not even a single ghost were seen.

"What the bloody hell am I doing here?" I asked out loud, to no one in particular.

"Fear no evil,
fear no dark,
fear no creature,
but fear your heart."

It was faint, but I can clearly hear every word. It seemed like a voice of a man and it was coming from somewhere.

I got off the table and walked out of the Great Hall, a hundred questions in mind.

What's happening?

"Fear no evil,
fear no dark,
fear no creature,
but fear your heart."

Instead of going back to my bedroom, I searched for the source of the voice. I know it may be one of the most idiotic things I've done, but I can't just ignore the voice, especially when I feel like it's talking to me.

"Fear no evil,
fear no dark,
fear no creature,
but fear your heart."

The voice is getting louder. I took a turn towards the stairs and climbed up, ears trying to sense the voice's location.

As I walked on the dimly lit hallway, a door was suddenly forming at the wall at the far-end of the hallway. And as I got closer, the mysterious voice got louder.

"Fear no evil,
fear no dark,
fear no creature,
but fear your heart."

Now that I'm in front of the door, I then noticed how huge it is, with intricate designs that seem to tell a story of the past. I stared at the door knob for a moment, thinking what might be on the other side.

Can this be a trap?

I was about to open the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me shriek in surprise.

I immediately got my wand out and was about to hex whoever this bloody person is when I felt a hand cover my lips.