Chapter 15: Like it or Not

Zoe's POV

The four of us waited patiently as every student-except the four of us- made their way to their own dormitories. The four of us looked down as we hear every insult from Mr. Filtch, and he was telling us that we should be expelled.

Professor Lockhart went near Mrs. Norris's hanging figure as he stared at it, seemingly studying the cat.

"She is not dead Argus... she's been petrified." Dumbledore said as he looked at the cat and at Mr. Filtch.

"Ah that's it," Professor Lockhart said, looking as if he knew the answer "unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the counter curse that could've spared him."  He said at Mr. Filtch.

I just looked at the Professor with a raised eyebrow. He might talk like he knows it, but his actions and gestures say otherwise.

"But how she's been petrified I cannot say." 

"Ask him."  Mr. Filtch say immediately after Professor Dumbledore spoke. He pointed at Harry "they say much done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall."

"Sir I swear, I didn't touch Mrs. Norris."  Harry said as he looked at Professor Dumbledore. The rest of us nodded as well.

"It's true Professor."  I said and shut it at once Professor Snape looked at me. I hate his stare so much right now.

"If I may speak,"  Professor Snape suddenly said "Potter and his friends might have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time."  he said as he looked like it could possily be an explanation.

I sighed in relief, at least Professor Snape understands us.

"Although, I don't remember seeing Mr. Potter and Ms. Jones in the Great Hall." He said as he crossed his arms

Talk about understanding us.

"That would be my fault," Professor Lockhart said as he looked at Professor Snape "they were helping me answer my fan mail."

"And we came looking for them after until Harry said..." Hermione stopped talking and looked at Harry
"Until I said I wasn't hungry." Harry said and looked at Professor Dumbledore.

It's a good choice that Harry kept it a secret, because even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign.

"Innocent until proven guilty." Dumbledore said

"My cat has been petrified!" Mr. Filtch said, furious "I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus." Said Professor Dumbledore patiently. "Professor Sprout recently managed to procure some Mandrakes. As soon as they have reached their full size, I will have a potion made that will revive Mrs. Norris."

Professor Sprout nodded and tried to calm Mr. Filtch. It was an awkward silence after that, and I just bit my lip while looking around, and then staring at the writing on the wall.. Chamber of secrets? I wonder what that is?

"You may go." The headmaster suddenly said and as quick as a snitch, we walked the opposite hallway, speed walking.

"May I have a word Ms. Jones?"
I stopped in my tracks as I closed my eyes, heart beating quicker than the spead of light.

Is this how I'm going to end?

I slowly nodded and bid farewell to my best friends... That might be the last words I tell them.

I then faced Professor Snape as he made his way towards me, the other professors leaving as well.

"I know that you have been avoiding me. But you must know that the time will come that I shall have my answers. So tell me, where did you get Isabella's photo?" He said straight to the point.

I looked down and thought for a moment. Should I tell him or not?

"I found it sir. I knew the name because it was written in the back (it is) and I panicked when I realized that I no longer hold it because it felt like it belongs to me."

"Why must you think of that?"

"Because we look alike and I feel a connection with her."

There was silence as Professor Snape stared at me. I hope he's buying it.

"Very well."

"Sorry sir?"

"Very well, you may now go to your bedroom."

As he said this, he turned his back on me and walked away.

"Wait Professor!" I said as I tugged his black robes. He then looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

"May I know who Isabella is in your life?"

His eyes widen in surprise and he looked away, he seems to be debating if he should tell me or not.

"It's getting late. Go to your bedroom. Now." He said coldly which made me back up a few steps.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he started to walk away from me.

Now that is weird. Why didn't he answer my question?

There is something fishy with Professor Snape and I'll find that whether he likes it or not.