《 chapter 5 》

"I thought you said that you weren't hungry? Why are you having lunch here with Youngjae?" Jinyoung asked.

I gulped as I took a glance at Jaebum's face, I knew that he would get the wrong idea.

"Her stomach started growling when we were packing our bags, so I brought her to a nearby cafe." Youngjae who's standing beside me explained.

Jaebum suddenly sighed, "You should have called either of us and asked where we were, and we can have lunch together."

The atmosphere became so tense after he said that, until Mark started talking. "Hey, what's with the seriousness? Should we go to another place for lunch?"

"It's fine, we will just eat here."

Youngjae spoke up, "I guess I should get going."

"Wait, you're not eating with us?" Yeon Jung asked, showing the disappointment on her face.

He shook his head and bid farewell to us before he went off.

When the others settled down, Jackson who's sitting beside me started whispering. "Don't you think that you owe Jaebum an explanation?"

I frowned at him, it's not like I did anything wrong. But what he said is true, Jaebum probably won't be happy until I give him a good explanation about Youngjae and I.

"I was feeling hungry after all of you left, so I went to grab a bite with Youngjae. I didn't thought of asking where you guys were."

"Have you guys decided on what to eat?" Jaebum spoke up and asked, as if I never mention a word earlier on. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and felt pissed by his reaction. Is he trying to show me that he's not happy with what I done? I didn't do anything that's wrong, and I don't understand why is he being like this. 

Feeling angry, I stood up and carried my bag. "You guys can stay here and eat, I will get going."

"Sung Hee!" Despite hearing them calling me, I didn't stop on my track and continued walking.

I sighed continuously as I'm on my way back home. Since when did Jaebum become so unreasonable? He wasn't like that in the past.

Looks like I still don't understand him that well.

Suddenly I felt some warmth in my right hand as someone slipped their hand into mine. I looked up and saw Jaebum, smiling at me.

I was confused when I saw him smiling. What is he trying to do now?

"Don't worry, I'm not angry at you.

After hearing what he said, I quickly let go of his hand. "But I am. Do you know how upset I was when you acted that way in the cafe?"

He stopped on his track and grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking further. "I'm sorry. I just felt uncomfortable when I saw you and Youngjae in the cafe."

I sighed after hearing his words, and then smiled. "I can promise you that Youngjae and I are just friends. You know that too, right?"

Jaebum hesitated and then nodded slowly, with a faint smile on his face.

---

I closed the door behind me and heard someone talking.

"Everything is normal.." My eyes widened when I saw a girl standing at the corner, writing something on her book while mumbling.

Wait, wasn't she the one that I saw previously?

She looked up and caught me staring at her.

"You.. can see me?" The girl asked me, but I remained quiet. She gulped as she frowned at me, "There's no way you can see me."

"Am I not suppose to see you?"

I think my words frightened her, that's why she freaked out. "You can see me?!"

I nodded slowly, and her face was getting paled.

"Who are you?"

She took a deep breath out before speaking, "Hello, my name is Hyun Eun."

>>> END OF CHAPTER 5 <<<

A/N:

do you guys still remember who hyun eun is? 🌚 im having my mid year exams for the next few weeks so i don't think i can work on the next chapter that soon :( please be patient with me!!

oh and anyways, i published a new mark fanfic!! the plot for the mark fanfic is one of my favourite plot, so please read it if you're interested!

and if you noticed, i changed the book cover for this book as well as rewind 1! hope you like it :D

do leave a comment and a vote down below before leaving! :)

-sky_bluee_

edited: this and the previous chapter is short because i re-wrote the entire scene, the previous one was really bad.