《 chapter 9 》

Youngjae's POV

It's a Saturday morning. But here I am, staying in my room as I stared at the box.

They must be having fun in the amusement park, right?

Back to the topic, does this box even work? It just looks like an ordinary box though, nothing special.

I facepalmed myself as I sighed, why do I still want to believe what the girl said? It's probably just a prank.

But I swear, I saw her disappearing in front of me. That couldn't be fake, right?

I closed my eyes and shook my head, maybe I should stop thinking so much. Without any hesitation, I threw the small box into the rubbish bin.

---

Sung Hee's POV

"I thought I was deaf when I came out of the haunted house yesterday." Jackson said, rubbing his ears.

Hyejin rolled her eyes, "Excuse me? You were the one who kept on screaming when we stepped into the huanted house."

I chuckled at them as they continued to bicker.

"I can never forget the high pitched scream you made when you saw a clown inside."

"It's really scary!" Jackson protested himself as he crossed his arms.

Mark sighed and shook his head, "The two of you are too noisy."

"We should separate them when we go to amusement park again next time." Yeon Jung chuckled as she said.

"Don't worry, I will never go to the haunted house with Jackson ever again!" Hyejin promised and glared at the boy beside her.

We're talking about the amusement park that we went to the last Saturday. It turns out that Hyejin was forced to go to the haunted house with Jackson because no one wanted to go with him. It's not because we were afraid. Knowing Jackson, you can imagine him screaming from time to time. I have no idea why Jackson wanted to go to the haunted house so badly when he himself is so timid.

At this time, Youngjae came into the classroom.

"Hey Youngjae!" Bambam greeted him as he waved his hand. Youngjae didn't say anything, but only smiled at him.

"You should've come with us to the amusement park last week, it's really fun!" Jinyoung told him.

He grinned at Jinyoung, "Maybe next time, if there's a chance."

"There will definitely be a chance next time!" Yugyeom said and faced me, "Right, Sung Hee?"

I was surprised by his sudden question. Well, he probably know that Youngjae was trying to avoid me.

"Of course." I smiled, "We can go again next time. You will come with us, right Youngjae?"

He hesitated for a while as he moved his gaze away from me. Then he nodded, "Sure."

---

"I promise I will get back to school as soon as possible! Wait for me in the library." Yeon Jung waved goodbye to me as she ran out of the school gate.

I chuckled at her as I watched her exit the gate. Yeon Jung insisted on giving me the cookies she baked yesterday, because I did her a favour. Yes, the favour which I persuade Youngjae to study with her.

Even though I rejected her and told her it's unnecessary to give me the cookies, she still insisted on it. So she went home to bring me some, since she's coming back later to study with Youngjae.