《 chapter 12 》

"So, you really decided to break up with Jaebum?" He asked, taking a sip of the water.

I kept quiet after hearing his question. Honestly, I'm not sure either.

"And you won't regret it?"

I sighed loudly, trying to avoid making any eye contact with him. "You know that I can't give you an answer."

"Sung Hee," He paused for a while before continuing. "I respect your decision, but please don't act on impulse. I don't want to see you regretting on the choice that you've made."

Upon hearing his words, I smiled lightly at him. "Thank you, Mark."

He took a closer look at my face, "Did you cry? Your eyes are swollen."

I looked away and tried to hide it from him, "No."

Mark chuckled softly when he heard my reply, "Why did I even ask? It's obvious that you've cried."

I can never hide anything from Mark, it's as if he can read my mind.

---

Taking a deep breath out, I walked out of my house door.

How am I going to face everyone in school? I pursed my lips, feeling troubled.

"Sung Hee!" Hyejin suddenly appeared, waving at me with a smile on her face.

She ran towards me and took a deep breath before speaking, "Are you fine?"

I smiled lightly and nodded, "Of course I am."

Hyejin didn't looked convinced by my answer, but she still continued talking.

She explained saying that the reason why Yeon Jung didn't turn up in the library was because there were visitors turning up in her house when she got back home. She stayed at home to help entertain the visitors, and eventually forgot about it. When Yeon Jung realized that she was supposed to head back to school, she thought that Youngjae and I have already left.

I sighed upon hearing that, she's as careless as always.

Luckily, Hyejin didn't mention anything about Jaebum while we're on our way to school. She probably knew that I wasn't completely fine from the break up yet.

We entered the school and was on our way to the classroom, until Jinyoung appeared in front of us.

He panted heavily as he speaks, "Jackson got into a fight!"

---

"What exactly happened?" I eyed on Jackson, who's sitting right in front of me.

Hyejin is currently taking care of Sungjin in the the basketball court where they started the fight. Because Jackson's injuries are more serious, I initiated to bring him to the first aid room.

I put on a plaster on his arm and spoke up again, "Because of Hyejin?"

He took a glance at me before staring back at the floor, "No."

"You shouldn't be lying to a friend, or you've never regard me as one?"

"I do!" Jackson quickly explained, then sighed. "It's all because of Park Sungjin. He kept on warning me to stay away from Hyejin, he doesn't have the rights to say that!"