《 chapter 10 》

"Ah choo!" I sneezed loudly as I felt myself trembling.

"Are you okay?" Youngjae asked worriedly, "I will turn off the air conditioner."

I shook my head at him, "No, it's okay. Just increase the temperature."

It's currently 5.30pm, and I can't believe that we are still stuck in the library. I wonder if there will be any school staff passing by the library to check if the door is locked?

Being the weak me, I always tremble when the air conditioner is on. No matter what the temperature is, I will always feel cold. Basically, I would rather sweat for the whole day rather than being froze.

Youngjae heard my words and increased the temperature of the air conditioner. He then came back to the table and sat down. Since he didn't start any topic, I decided to speak up.

"Why are you trying to avoid me?"

He gulped when he heard my question, and tried to avoid making any eye contact with me. "I didn't."

"You did." I paused for a while before continuing, "Did Jaebum told you to do so?"

Youngjae kept quiet, and I sighed.

"So he lied. He never trusted me."

"Jaebum told me to avoid you because he doesn't trust me, it's not your problem—"

"It's the same." I cut off his words. "I asked him if he had talked to you but he denied. I can't believe, I can't believe that he lied to me."

Tears started to form in my eyes and before I know what is happening, tears started rolling down my cheeks.

Youngjae stared at me silently while I tried to hold back the tears, then he passed me a piece of tissue.

Suddenly, a voice echoed in my mind.

"My job is done, I'm leaving. Take good care of yourself, Sung Hee-ah."

My eyes widened when I heard the voice and turned my head towards Youngjae. It sounds like his voice, doesn't it?

Wiping the tears on my face, I quickly took out the mystery letter from my bag. The paper has always been in my bag because I was trying to find a chance to ask Youngjae about it. And now, I finally have the chance to do so.

"Youngjae," I called and handed him the paper. "This paper was found in my house about 6 months ago. Do you have any impression on it?"

He seemed surprised when he saw the words that's written on the paper, "This literally looked like my handwriting, but I've never written anything like this. Besides, six months ago we still haven't met."

I gulped when I heard his words, "Do you actually think that.. there's something weird in between us?"

He thought for a while and nodded slowly, "There's definitely something weird. Have you ever encounter a girl who's about the same age as us, and can disappear out of nowhere?"

I was shocked to hear him saying that, "You saw her too? I thought I was the only one who can see her, because she was surprised to know that I'm able to see her."

"Did she pass anything to you?"

I shook my head, "She gave you something?"

Youngjae nodded, "A box. She said it contains my discarded memories but when I opened it, there's nothing. I thought it was a prank so I just threw it away."

My eyes widened and I sighed heavily, "You threw it away? I thought that we could get some clues from it.."

"It's still in my rubbish bin. I guess I can take it out and wipe it. I will bring it to school."