《 chapter 7 》

Youngjae's POV

I gulped as I watched her opening the lid. Somehow I'm feeling nervous, even though I don't trust what the girl said.

"There's nothing inside." My eyes widened at the sight of her holding the lid. I looked into the small box in my right hand, and it's empty.

I waited for a few seconds to see if anything is going to happen to me, but nothing changed.

Then I facepalmed myself. Why am I so stupid to even believe what the girl was saying?

Discarded memories? It's all nonsense.

"I was just playing around with you." I smiled sheepishly at Sung Hee, she raised her brows at me before putting the lid back onto the box.

It was awfully quiet, until she spoke up. "Youngjae-ah, I-"

"Youngjae?" My eyes diverted from Sung Hee to the door, and saw Yeon Jung standing there.

She ran towards me with a smile on her face, before facing Sung Hee. "He's coming with us too?"

I raised my eyebrow at her, "What?"

Instead of replying, Yeon Jung pulled me out of Sung Hee's house by grabbing my arm, with Sung Hee following behind us.

It turns out that they were going out for dinner, since both of their parents are working overtime. I agreed to go, too. As you know, my parents are working overseas.

"We asked Hyojin out for dinner too, but she's having dinner with her family." Yeon Jung told me.

"I see. But can you please let me walk on my own? I mean, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable with you pulling my arm."

She quickly let it go and grinned awkwardly at me, "Sorry."

"I heard that you have some problems with maths. Do you want to study together? I can help you with maths."

I shook my head, "It's fine."

"Just accept her offer," Sung Hee who was walking on the left side suddenly spoke up. "Yeon Jung is being so kind to you, don't disappoint her."

I hesitated for a while before nodding, "Fine then. We can study together when you're free to do so."

Yeon Jung smiled happily at me, "Okay!"

Sung Hee's POV

I chuckled softly at Yeon Jung when she mouthed a 'thank you' at me and smiled happily.

It's not difficult to tell that she's interested in Youngjae. As a close friend of hers, I will help her if I'm able to do so.

Besides, Youngjae does look like a nice person. So I wouldn't mind if Yeon Jung is going to date with him.

We went to a nearby Japanese food restaurant for dinner, and before our food arrive, Yeon Jung's phone rang.

She sighed after ending the call, "Sorry, I got to go. My mom reached home but forgot to bring her keys, I need to get home now and open the door for her."

"Wait, Yeon Jung—" By the time I started talking, she had already exited the restaurant.

"I guess it's really urgent." Youngjae spoke up, taking a sip of the cup of water.

It was actually a meal for Youngjae and Yeon Jung to get along with each other, but now she had already left before we even start eating.

The entire time while Youngjae and I were eating was awkward, because we didn't really talk that much. Perhaps, this is the chance for me to ask him about the letter.

We stayed in the restaurant for a while more after eating and decided to leave. Youngjae suggested to send me home and I rejected him, but he insisted on it. I didn't talk any further, because I thought it may be a good chance to ask him about the letter.

"Is Yeon Jung always so friendly towards everyone?" Youngjae suddenly asked while we were walking.

I nodded at him. It's true, though. I mean, after Jaebum and I got together, she kind of changed. In a better way, of course.

Since he bought up this topic, I will continue asking.

"What do you think of Yeon Jung?"

I watched him hesitating, "She's nice."

"Will you accept her as your girlfriend?" I blurted out at him.

Youngjae was quite taken aback by my question. Then I gulped, am I being too straightforward?

He chuckled as he raised his eyebrow at me, "What?"

I laughed, "I'm just joking. Anyway, I have a question for you."

Both of us stopped on our tracks, and he was ready to listen to my question.

I can finally ask Youngjae about the letter.

"Did you actually wrote me a—"

My words were cut off by the sound of a bicycle ringing, I looked to my left and saw a bicycle coming towards me.

Before I could even react, I felt someone grabbing onto my left hand and pulled me away from the bicycle.

I looked up and saw Youngjae heaving a sigh of relief, "Are you okay?"

"Sung Hee!" I turned my head around to see who's calling me, and it turns out to be Jaebum, with Jinyoung behind him.

I was confused seeing Jinyoung's shocked face, but then realized that he was staring at my hand, which was held by Youngjae. I quickly pushed Youngjae's hand away and ran towards Jaebum, who was also walking to me.

"Why are you here?" I asked, smiling at him.

He took a glance at Youngjae before replying, "Dinner with Jinyoung. Why are you here with Youngjae?"

"Dinner with Youngjae, and also Yeon Jung." I added, "But she needed to leave earlier."

Jaebum raised his brow at me, "Really?"

I frowned at him. What does that mean, he don't believe me?

Jinyoung came towards us and patted on Jaebum's shoulder before whispering, "Talk nicely to Sung Hee."

"Youngjae, let's go."

After Jinyoung left with Youngjae, I sighed heavily at Jaebum.

"Please, Jaebum. Things are not like what you think."

He scoffed, "Youngjae was holding onto your hand?"

"He was just trying to pull me away from the bicycle that's coming." I said, raising my voice a little louder.

Jaebum kept quiet for a while before speaking, "If you say so."

"Can't you just have some confidence in our relationship?"

"I did." He replied, looking at me. "That's why I chose to not make this worse."

He walked away furiously, leaving me alone here.

My eyes turned blurry as I watched him walking away, I could feel the tears in my eyes.

>>> END OF CHAPTER 7 <<<

A/N:

hello!! sorry for not updating for these past few weeks, i was having my exams and now it's near to school holidays! i promise i will update more often in this one month holiday!

new update coming soon, i promise!

-sky_bluee_