20. Revelations

April. It was April, and Blaine knew that Dalton would soon turn into a studying frenzy in anticipation for final exams next month. While Blaine had found himself establishing residence in the library on nearly a daily basis, April and May were the months when finding an open seat would become more difficult.

But it was hard to care as much as he was supposed to. It had been three weeks since the Warblers debacle, and this "suspension until further notice" was always bouncing in the back of his mind. He still had to see his former members and friends all around school, sharing classes with most of them. He didn't do anything after school when he should've been rehearsing.

Today was one of those days. It was a rare fragment of the month that wasn't clouded with rain, where the walking paths didn't flood and the breeze wasn't too chilly to open the dorm windows. In fact, Blaine opened the door to his room to find the windows on both sides propped open, the curtains swaying lazily.

He closed the door behind him and hung up his blazer, as well as removing his tie. When he was down to an undershirt and boxers, he picked out a pair of comfortable shorts to spend the evening in. It wasn't until he was tying the drawstrings that he noticed the paper on his desk.

The corners of the white paper fluttered from the breeze, weighed down by the cup of pens.

Blaine sighed. He knew what this was.

He placed the cup back in its spot on his desk before opening the folded paper. He immediately recognized the distinct design of pencil strokes that constructed a distinct image. It was a blackbird, hastily drawn, perched over a bouquet of wilting flowers.

As quickly as he had opened it, Blaine opened his desk drawer and tossed it in. It landed softly over the small stack of other sketchbook-torn drawings.

It wasn't that he was trying to ignore Kurt. That would've been difficult to do, considering he had moved back into their dorm room a week after Blaine's last visit.

Kurt didn't seem at all fazed by Blaine's attitude. He was pleasant, and always welcomed Blaine's presence, despite being technically broken-up with. He seemed to be optimistic. That was odd to Blaine, seeing Kurt that way, but he had shut himself off to Kurt's psychological investigation by now. Kurt was the way he was on a day-to-day basis. Nothing more, nothing less.

He also didn't seem to notice Blaine's attitude on other things, too. While Kurt wasn't burdened by it, it bothered Blaine that he didn't pick up on his signals. They had been close, after all. Blaine was losing his way. The craziest thing was, he didn't seem to care.

Either Kurt didn't notice, or he was trying so hard to win Blaine over again with his new upbeat approach. Blaine supposed he could appreciate his efforts of positivity, but at this point he simply wasn't interested.

It was as if on cue that the door opened.

"There you are!" exclaimed Kurt, bounding into the dorm room. "You know, they're having study seminars at the library. I'm surprised you weren't there."

"How did you know about the study seminars?" asked Blaine with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm trying to pass my classes, duh," Kurt replied as if Blaine should've known. "So are we going together tonight or what?"

"No, I don't think so," Blaine said coldly. He grabbed his laptop off the desk and fell onto his bed.

Kurt let out a sigh. "Blaine... it's been two weeks. How much longer are you going to avoid me like this?"

"I practically saved your life, Kurt. I think you should be grateful for that, and that I'm still speaking to you at this point," answered Blaine. "I told you when you were in the infirmary that things were not going to be like they used to."