Chapter 10

Caution: Cursing and Crude Humor!
But if that's the kind of thing you're into, I welcome the reads! :)

*

As the chilling voice meets my ears I flinch.

I look back and watch as the metal door closes behind us, thanks to the guard standing beside the door.

There goes my escape...

I quickly switch back to the aggravating situation at hand.

It's just what I thought! She's going to hate us, she has no feelings, she's the same person that she always was! She's hasn't changed at all!

Trying to put a barrier between me and my past, I cower behind Blake.

Suddenly a hear a warm chuckle. I peek out from behind Blake in confusion.

"Oh no, I didn't scare you did I?" An kind- looking woman says while smiling. "I apologize, that's not quite the approach I was going for," she adds.

Who is this woman?! This is definitely, positively NOT our mother!

I quickly glance up at Blake, only to see his confused expression mirroring mine.

He clears his throat before replying in a cool voice, "Hello Karie, if you don't remember correctly my name is Blake and- he pulls me out from behind him -this is Erin. We're your children."

I awkwardly shuffle beside him, awaiting her answer. She seemed to be shell shocked.

"Why, i'm not quite sure if you're joking or not!" She replies in a shocked voice.

"How could I ever forget my darling children? In fact, I've thought about you both every day I've been in this place since... well since I got in my right state of mind..." She stutters out.

Me and Blake both stand as still as statues, both shocked at the incredible change in our mother.

"Erin, has Blake been taking good care of you, sweetheart?" She asks me, seeming genuinely concerned.

I instantly turn furious at the woman sitting in front of us.

SWEETHEART?!

SWEETHEART??

SINCE WHEN HAS SHE EVER CALLED ME THAT?!

OH YES I KNOW, SINCE NEVER!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING THROUGH HER HEAD RIGHT NOW!?

As I stand there with a clenched jaw she moves her gaze to Blake.

"And you, thank you for taking seemingly taking good care of both of you. You have fulfilled the position as a mother, father, and brother to Erin. And I thank you for that, although I cannot imagine the trouble you have went through. I lacked in the skills that a mother was supposed to have, but you have taken great care of your little sister and yourself. I can never apologize enough for the trouble I put you under... for the trouble I put both of you through..." She finishes with a shaking voice and tears in her eyes.

Oh look at that, our "dear" mother finally feels sympathy for us.

I think bitterly.