Chapter 3

Henry and Ray went wide eyed and had their mouths agape. I laughed and got up to shut their mouths for them. After shutting their mouths, I turned around and sat down in the spot that I had previously occupied. I shut my eyes and waited for one of them to do something. Even if that something were to be just sitting down on this comfy couch, which happened within a few moments.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" asked Henry in a whisper that the human ear could not hear.

"Yes, Henry. And really? Out of all the questions to ask, you pick that one?" I sighed and smiled.

"How did you know who I was? How did you get here? How did you change your voice into a cool one?" Ray asked with a hint of suspicion and excitement.

"First of all, I can read your mind, which means I'm blowing your mind... Sorry. Second of all, I can teleport. And lastly, I created my own voice modulator out of the gem in my bracelet. According to what I'm seeing in your head, it can do everything your watch can do and more. I can tune up your watch for you, if you want." I replied, opening my eyes. Henry was looking from my bracelet to his watch in amazement where as Ray was thinking about what to ask next.

"Ray. You can start by asking how I got my powers and what all I have. To answer that, I got my powers from technology and I don't really know how many powers I have. All I know is that you name an ability and I'll probably have it. Another question is, am I good or evil. Well, Henry can answer that one and he's only known me a day! Also, I was also a hero in the city I lived in before I moved to Swellview."

"Would you please stop READING MY MIND?!?!" yelled Ray, looking peeved.

"Sure, Ray. I apologize. Please, ask me anything you want to know. Maybe then, you'll both trust me enough to work together." I looked at them and my eyes change to light red in annoyance.

Henry looked at me and jumped back, "(Y/N)! Your eyes! They're red!"

"Of course they're red! I'm annoyed that it's taking so long to make a friendship with you guys! Besides, it's normal for them to change unless I stress myself so they won't. But that's only when I'm near someone I have a crush on. Also, it's super obvious when I stress so, if you don't know who I'm crushing on, you're blind!" my eyes changed back to their normal (E/C) color. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to be getting back. I have one more stop until I can get back home."

"Where are you going?" Henry asked, suspiciously.

"I'm going to Jasper's to give him his dream bucket from (SH/N) (superhero name). I'll see you tomorrow, Henry. Bye, Ray." I walked over to the tube. "Up the tube!"

~Henry's POV~

"We have to get her on our team. She's awesome!" I said, making it a point that I was clearly impressed that she could do quite literally anything!

"You've only known her a day! And the opportunity is WAY too good to be true. I don't know if we can trust her." Ray said, slouching more on the couch for comfort.

I stood up, "Ray. Yes, I've only known her for a day. But, she hardly even hung out with me. She hung out with either Charlotte or Jasper. And if she can really read minds and she is evil, wouldn't she try to stay next to me?"

"She could be a smart evil. Stay away from you to make it look like she's a good person! I don't trust her." He said, turning around and crossing his arms like a pouting child. I went into his line of sight and gave him the "you know I'm right" look. "Fine! I guess she can join us. But if she turns evil on us, she's gone. Besides, it would be nice to have another superpowered person on the team!" Ray replied.

~Later, when Henry gets home~

I take off my shirt and throw it into the closet before getting into bed. As I shut my eyes, I hear rustling from the closet. I see glowing white eyes and a bulky figure walk slowly towards me. I quickly hid under the covers and tried to stay as quiet as possible.

"Oh sorry," the figure whispered. "It's just me Henry. (Y/N). Sorry about my eyes. I was hoping to see you before I went to my last stop. I need to ask you about Jasper." I came out of the covers and looked at her quizzically. "Do you think he actually likes me as a friend? I know I've only known him a day, but he's just so funny and he likes buckets!" (Y/N) said as her eyes turned white and she seemed to be in her own thoughts. When she realized they had changed, she tensed up and they changed to their normal (E/C).

"I don't know. You both just met. I can ask him tomorrow. But, you probably have a chance because you like buckets and it took a few months before he had Charlotte over at his house. Didn't you go directly after school?"

"I did, yeah. He wanted me to look at his bucket collection and then work on homework. He said he needed help on it, so I stayed til curfew." She was still tense. Probably didn't want to scare me again.

"You know, it's ok if your eyes change. I don't mind. You'll just have to tell me what you're feeling when they change so that after awhile I'll know," I said as she smiled at me with one eye the color yellow and the other a stunning blue.

"Thanks, Henry! Alright so, yellow," she said pointing at her yellow eye, "means friendly, most of the time. And blue usually means trust or confidence." She smiled. "I need to go so you can get some sleep. Goodnight, Henry! Have sweet dreams!" And at that she jumped out the window and flew off.

As I watched her fly away, all I could think about was her being my girlfriend.