Chapter 5

~ Reader's POV ~

Once I get to school, I start looking for Charlotte but I'm met with Jasper and Henry having an argument. About me. I try to listen in with my super hearing and hear that they are both arguing about which one of them I'll choose to go on a date with. I sigh and walk over to Charlotte, clearly showing my annoyance. Charlotte looks at me and then gives me a protective glance before she grabs my hand and pulls me to where the boys are no longer seen or heard.

"I have good news and bad news. Which one do you wanna hear first?" She asked.

"I guess bad," I replied, shrugging. It was probably Jasper and Henry related.

"Henry and Jasper won't talk to each other unless it's to argue with each other. And Ray doesn't trust you."

"Of course he doesn't trust me. I'm the new girl." I rolled my eyes.

"Why aren't you questioning the fact that I know Ray?"

"I can read minds, Char. I know a lot. Good news?"

"Ok, ummm, well Henry and Jasper both like you and Ray wants you to get a watch from him after school so that you can officially become a member of Team Danger! Which means, you have a job!" She squealed, but quietly because we didn't want anyone to hear us.

"Whale, at least I don't have to go look for one. And I hope Ray doesn't mind me coming in tonight. Jasper's coming over to look at my buckets and do some homework with me. Also, I hope he just lets me update my bracelet. I've been needing to update it for awhile. My software is out of date." I said, spacing out and visualizing what the old software looks like compared to the new one.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Are you ok? You're eyes are kinda purple and that shouldn't be normal." Charlotte worriedly tapped my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts and slightly tensing to get rid of them.

"Yeah sorry. I was imagining how hard it's going to be to put the new software in my bracelet. It's a process that would take Schwoz about an hour, whereas I can have it done in about fifteen minutes." I reassured her.

"You and Schwoz just need to get together and invent something to save the world." She sighed.

"It's almost impossible to completely save the world. That's why I made my bracelet to help save it." I held up my wrist then brought it back down.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and murmured a "smart alec" under her breath before saying, "Anyways, what are you going to do about the boys?"

"I don't know Char. I mean, I like Henry, but I can't see myself with him. I can see myself with Jasper and we're already best friends anyways. Besides, Henry doesn't understand buckets like Jasper and I do. Besides, I just met everyone yesterday! What if I don't want to choose yet? Can't we just all be best friends first?"

"Ok, (Y/N). I get your point. I can understand that you want to be friends first then possibly something else later but you're going to have to tell them that. The last time I saw them fighting over a girl, they had a J-train and H-bomb war." She stepped back and started walking to class.

I starting walking with her, "The problem is, if I tell them, something is going to come up or something of that sort. Besides, they both think I like them like that. That's all I can see when I read Henry. Jasper, on the other hand, thinks about me and buckets." We turned a corner and checked to see if the coast was clear. "The plan is, write them both a note to meet me at the park tonight, then tell them. All I have to do is act normal around them until then. Which means try to act normal around Jasper at my house and pretty much stress the heck out of my eyes." I rolled my black eyes in nervousness. I've never held back my eyes that long. I don't know if it's even possible. The last time I tried, it was I was underwater holding my breath.

"It'll be ok, (Y/N). I can come if you want. Those boys can be dumb sometimes." She looked at me and tapped my shoulder then pointed at her eyes. I stressed and made them turn back to my normal (E/C) colored eyes.

I smirked, "It's fine, Char. I can handle it. Besides, I am a superhero with the ability to make others see my point. And no, that does not mean brainwashing that person." I said, walking into the classroom and sitting down in a seat next to Charlotte just as the bell rang.