Chapter 6

Charlotte and I spent all day trying to stay away from the boys because whenever I went near them, they would always fight on who got to sit next to me. Hiding from them meant eating lunch in the supply closet and using my bracelet to keep us invisible in the hallways.

"That bracelet of yours is so awesome! Wish I had one for situations like these." Charlotte sighed.

"I would only give one to you if you were in danger and I couldn't be there for you. Even then, once the danger was over, I would take it back from you. This bracelet makes everyday a struggle. All the times I have to change my eyes back or being tired all the time because the bracelet takes all my energy. This bracelet may seem cool but in reality, it's a bittersweet nightmare! I have enemies who are always looking for me so that they can get the blueprints to this." One eye turned black with worry and the other, pinkish white with mother-like protection.

"At least you're super awesome and can handle those villians! I bet they can't even touch you!" Charlotte punched the air and I sighed.

"On the contrary, I've had a few close calls. That's why I'm making another bracelet just incase something happens to me." I looked down with my eyes a bluish green in sadness. We walked out of the school in silence. I looked up to see Jasper waving and already sitting in my mom's car. I saw him frown and turn to talk to my mom. I looked to my right and saw Henry standing next to me.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Did you put this note in my locker?" He asked, holding out the note that I had Charlotte put in his locker.

I looked at Charlotte and we both giggled. "No, sorry." I turned back to Charlotte, turning my back to Henry, "Hey, I gotta go. See you tomorrow, Char." I started to walk away. "Bye, Hen." I opened the door to the car and slid in next to Jasper.

He looked at me and smiled, "I haven't seen you all day, (Y/N). Where were you?"

"I was just with Char. We needed some help on some homework and had to stay in class longer." I replied.

"Ok, well, did you put this note in my locker? It looks like your handwriting." He pulled out the note and gave it to me. I opened it and pretended to read it.

"I did not, sorry. Looks like you may have an admirer." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and giggled. He didn't have to know it was from me. Might as well tease while I can.

He smiled and leaned closer to me, "None of the girls like me at school. The only two girls I talk to are you and Char. Who would like me?"

"Come on, Jas! Plenty of girls could like you! I mean, you're cute, smart, caring and super honest with people! You're a really nice guy." I looked at him and then out the window. I could feel his eyes stare through the back of my head but I ignored him as we turned into the driveway. 

I looked up at the sky which had just started to rain. I turned to Jasper, took his hand and ran. We entered my house and threw our bags on the staircase before running right back outside and playing in the rain. He chased me for a minute before he caught me and we fell to the ground. We both laughed and got up to go inside when my mom called us inside.

Once inside, we went to my room and I looked for some clothes that would fit Jasper. "Here, Jas. You can wear these," I tossed him some clothes. "The bathroom is that door on the left." I pointed then went back to looking for clothes for me to change into while Jasper went into the bathroom to change.

I changed into my favorite (F/C) baggy shirt and a pair of shorts. I had just pulled up an extra chair and started to unpack my school bag when Jasper opened the bathroom door. "I didn't think that outfit would work but wow, it did!" I giggled and turned back to my homework.

I heard him snicker and walk towards me. "Baggy shirts work for you too." He said sitting down.

"How about I help you with your homework while I finish this project of mine. I already finished mine during free period." I opened up the drawer in front of me and pulled out some tools and the half-made bracelet I was making him.

"Sounds good. I just have some Chemistry and then we can look at your bucket collection." He opened his Chemistry book and started working. I looked at the bracelet and picked up the laser and the software out of the drawer.

"Is it going to distract you if I use this?" I asked, pointing to the laser in my hand.

"No, it's fine. If I can work in my basement, I can work anywhere!" He made a heroic pose and I giggled at him.

I looked back down and started to work. Standing up, I walked over to my jar of gems. "Hey Jas? What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Turquoise. Why?" He turned to look at me.

I picked up the turquoise gem of healing and walked over to my closet. "You'll find out in a moment." I winked at him and entered my closet, shutting the door behind me. I held the gem and concentrated on it. I imagined three-quarters of my energy in bright colors going into the gem. All of a sudden, I felt weak and fell to the ground. I reach up to open the door and, once it's open, I crawl out and collapse next to Jasper.

"Are you ok, (Y/N)? You're eyes are pale green!" He helped me into the chair next to him and looked at me worriedly.

"I'm fine, Jas. Just a little weak." I picked up the bracelet and inserted the gem.

"What did you do in there that made you so weak? You looked normal when you went in."

"I just had to concentrate on what I was doing, that's it. Here," I handed him the bracelet, "this is for you."

He took the bracelet and looked at it. "You made this? For me? Thanks, (Y/N)!"

"Here, allow me to help you." I said reaching over and clasping it around his wrist.

Once it was completely on, a turquoise light went through his wrist and went up until it was in his eyes. It disappeared as he looked at me. "I feel... amazing! Thanks again, (Y/N)!"

That went better than I thought it would! At first I thought the gem would reject him but the way the light stayed in his eyes. Hopefully this bracelet won't have the same problems as mine.

He looked back at me just as I realized that I was staring. "I'm done with my homework. Could I see your bucket collection?"

"Yeah, sure! You'll have to leave your bracelet here though. If it makes you feel any better, I have to leave mine too." I took off my bracelet, showing my scar that ran all the way around my wrist.

"Woah! How'd you get that scar?" He whispered.

"I, umm, got into a little fight. The other person took out their knife and you can probably guess the rest." I lied. My bracelet had actually malfunctioned and almost cut my hand off. I pressed the button next to my closet and heard a whoosh. I opened the door and walked in after Jasper. He stopped the center of the room, awestruck. The walls had shelf after shelf of buckets. "You can have some if you want. I can always make more."

He turned to me with his jaw open. "You... made all of these?!"

"Most of them, yes. Others, I found in a dumpster." I tsked. My eyes turned yellow green in a jealous anger. I looked at Jasper whose eyes were now light red in what I was guessing to be happiness.

Oh no! He didn't even have the bracelet on for two minutes and he already has some side-effects! I looked into his mind to see if he had other powers yet. So far, he had the power of healing, flight and super strength. At least he doesn't have his mind reading powers or a mirror yet. That would be bad.