Chapter 6: I'm fine....

###

I waited for the class to end, I was on my way out when I was pulled aside and was beaten up by them again... I didn't cry, even though the pain was unbearable. I did the only thing I could to tolerate the pain, I passed out.

When I woke up I was being carried by Cross, I weakly said.

"C-Cross..."

"I don't know how you haven't gone insane already." Cross sighed. "I would have just snapped."

"W-Well this is kind of all I've known at school."

Cross seemed shocked that someone who was passive like me received this torture everyday at school. He took me straight to the nurses office.

"I'm fine, Cross." I chuckled. "I don't need to be here, really."

"Oh, hey Nightmare and Cross." Alphys said. "I see that you're back again."

After a while I had to go home due to my injuries preventing me from focusing on anything, Joku was upset that I kept the bullying problem to myself.

"Why did you keep this from me?" Joku asked.

I teared up and pulled my hood up, I didn't want to deal with this. I knew that they were just going to keep on pushing until they got an answer.

"I don't want anyone's pity." I said, telling the truth.

I was grateful that we didn't talk for the rest of the drive, when we got home I went strait to my room to get to work on my Tumblr. I got a day off which was a plus.

BATIM-TRASH asked:

Why is your art so crappy?

I sighed, I didn't bother to reply. I set the tumblr on hiatus, I don't even know how to deal with basic problems. Aren't I a disappointment? I fell asleep at my desk, for once having dreamless sleep.

When I woke up I noticed that it was around 9 at night, I sighed. It wouldn't hurt to eat something, no matter what it is.

I went downstairs and overheard my brother and mom talking about me.

"Why did you not tell me, even if he didn't want you to??" Joku said.

"I'm always trying to protect him, even if I did tell you about the bullying. I know that they wouldn't stop, if anything it would just encourage them to continue hurting Nightmare." Dream sighed.

The conversation continued, I didn't bother to continue listening to them talk.

"It's a little rude to talk about someone who's listening, you know?" I asked, interrupting their conversation.

"O-Oh, how long were you standing there Nightmare?" Dream asked.

"I only heard the last couple of seconds, but I don't really care anyways."

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out some left-over waffles, I then placed them on a plate and centered the plate in the center of the microwave. Dream seemed to be watching closely, I can't blame him. I rarely leave my room or socialize for the matter.

The next day I was supposed to deal with over nine thousand assignments, all from different classes.

"Nightmare, are you okay after what happened yesterday?" Ink asked.

"Yeah, just a little sore. Other than that I'm fine."

I am pretty sure that Dream is doing everything in his power to defend me from future bullying, I think that he is asking the rest of the stars to guard me from PJ and the rest.

"Nightmare, do you have time to chat?" Cross asked.

"Hm, sure. What do you want to talk to me about?" I replied.

"I was wondering if it was okay if I came over to your house after school?" Cross asked.

"Sure if you want, but I'll probably be working on homework the whole time."

"I won't mind, I could probably help you out with what you missed."

I got out as soon as possible to meet up with Cross, I tensed in disbelief. G and Fell were going after Cross, I felt something inside me snap. 

"Oh, look it's NM&M." Fell said, trying to piss me off more than what I am now.

I growled, I felt like I could sense their stupidity. I've only snapped once, and I would look forward to snapping again.

Fell tried to land a punch, but I narrowly dodged it. I swept my leg under Fell's, tripping him and causing him to hit his head against the pavement. I got into a fighting stance, just in case G would be dumb enough to try to fight me.

"N-Nightmare, calm down!" Dream tried to calm me down.

"Stay out of this, Dream." I growled.

*Dream's POV*

I rarely saw my brother get like this, but when he did I could tell that he wouldn't hesitate to hurt anyone who had done something to piss him off. I could tell that his normally indigo eyes were more of an icy dead blue.

I got closer despite the risk of me getting deathly injured, but my brother's safety and well being was all that mattered to me at this moment. I hugged them from behind, Nightmare was slightly calmer. I noticed that he seemed more aware about what he was doing now. I turned him around and looked him in the eyes. His eyes seemed to slightly fade back to their normal color. I hugged him closely, and I eventually felt him hug back. I sighed.

I glanced over at Cross, who was shocked. While somewhere along the time while this was happening G fled like the coward he is.

"I never knew Nightmare was capable of that..." Cross sighed, standing up.

"It rarely happens, he's usually so calm and passive." I replied.

I noticed that Nightmare fell asleep while hugging me. I sighed.

"Cross, can you help me out here?"

"Oh, um. Sure." Cross replied.

Cross picked him up and helped me carry him to Joku's car, I was glad that Joku had recently gotten promoted and was now able to drive us to and from school everyday.

"Cross, so sorry you had to see Nightmare snap." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I was hoping for him to not snap anytime during the school year."

"I know you didn't mean for him to do that, and I know he didn't either."

I got in the car and waved goodbye to Cross, he waved back. The school eventually was left behind along with Cross.

###

(A/N: sorry for the long wait, 1060+ words is a pain to type efficiently on a school tight schedule. I made 'Nightmare snapping' this fanfiction's head cannon, I kind of thought of this as a way of protecting people he actually cares about.)