Chapter 8: Nothing...

(I am thinking about making this a more feelsy book than what I originally intended. Please no hate, the Prologue will still make sense though.)

###

I sat next to Cross on the couch eating some taco bell, seeing as my mom didn't feel like cooking. Meanwhile Dream was sitting on the floor browsing through google, I tried to look over his shoulder. But he hit the home button before I could even get a glimpse of what he was looking at.

I payed no mind to what he was looking at, I knew that it was a waste of time to look at Dream's phone. Usually he was shitposting on tumblr, so I would be able to check later.

Dream finished first, Me second, Cross third, and our mom last. I made my way back up to my room and blasted 'I Don't Care' by Fall Out Boy full volume. I really just did the only thing I felt like doing at this point, going to sleep.

When Monday came around I wasn't looking forward to going to school, I heard rumors that PJ was going to make my life a living hell today.

The fangirl squad was sitting in the corner of the lunch room, shipping everyone and everything. I had been eating my sandwich when PJ moved my lunchbox onto the floor.

"Hey!" Cross growled.

"What? Nobody was sitting there." PJ sarcastically replied.

I felt lower than I have been, everything they said about me was true.

I am worthless.

I am a waste of space.

I am a failure.

I can't do anything right.

But... What am I good at...?

Nothing...

I felt myself tearing up, Cross seemed to notice and started yelling at PJ.

I simply just left before I could hear anything that he had said, I automatically went to the bathroom and hid in one of the stalls. Letting out all of my pent up sadness and self hate.

Why am I still here? They said it themselves, I am nothing... Well... You can't miss something that never was anything to begin with...

I pulled out the razor that I had hidden in my hoodie pocket and made several deep cuts along my wrists. I lost track at about ten... I had to rinse these off, I don't want anyone to worry... Then again... No.

I put the razor back into my pocket and left the stall to wash the cuts. I hissed in pain...

"O-Ow..."

As soon as I said that, I heard someone come in.

*Cross' POV*

I wanted to check on Nightmare, I saw him leave and go into the restroom. He had been in here for a decent five minutes, and I was shocked to see that Nightmare had been cutting himself.

"N-Nightmare..." I stuttered, he seemed scared that he had been seen with self inflicted injuries.

I looked at his arm, I saw that there were many scars. Many are fading out with time, while others are completely visible.

I went over to them and hugged them tightly, I didn't care if I got a little bit of blood on me. All I really cared about right now was Nightmare.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? People care about you, I do, Dream does, even Ink and Blue."

Nightmare simply just cried in the hug.

"Why are you s-so nice to me? I don't deserve any amount of kindness. W-Why do you even care??" He stuttered in between sobs.

"Because Nightmare, you're the only light in this god forsaken place." Cross didn't wait to go on to the next thing. "I know you go through hell and back everyday, I also know that you don't deserve their insults and abuse."

Nightmare wiped his indigo eyes, I smiled weakly.

"Do you think you're ready to go back to the lunchroom?" I asked.

He wiped the last of his tears and nodded.

Dream seemed concerned, and we decided to keep the cutting a secret from him though.

"Are you okay??" Dream asked.

Nightmare nodded.

"Yeah." He replied.

When this day was over Nightmare was a little bit happier after the whole ordeal, he even was seeming more... As Dream would put it, 'Like his old self'.

Nightmare, Dream, and I had to walk home. I went with because I didn't want Dream to place any amount of pressure on Nightmare.

We had to go on a bridge on the way, Nightmare sighed.

"Dream, remember when we used to jump off when we were kids." Nightmare said.

"Yeah, mom was always so mad when we came home drenched." Dream replied.

When we all got back to our respective houses, I sat awake in bed thinking.

'What if I never came into his life?'

###

(A/N: You thought it was going to be longer?? HAHAHHAhahah nope!!!)