Chapter 7: 3 AM Starbucks Induced Self Loathe Fest...

###

*Nightmare's POV*

"Hey, Nightmare. Wake up." Someone said shaking me.

I groaned in annoyance and opened my eyes, I got a glimpse of Dream.

"Five more minutes..." I whined.

"But, don't you have homework that you need to do?" Dream replied.

I thought back on it.

"What's the time?"

"Three-ish in the afternoon."

"GOOD GOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER?!?!?" I shot out of bed faster than anyone could say 'Mother Russia', I freaked out. "WHERE IS MY BACKPACK?!?!"

Dream pointed over to it, I unzipped it and pulled out my assignments. Thank god for Fridays...

"I guess this is a 3 AM homework extravaganza?"

"You know me too well." I replied, getting to work on my accelerated math homework.

About five hours later I was nowhere even near close to finishing my homework, Dream left extremely early into the loathe fest. Nothing was really interesting about watching me do algebraic expressions anyways.

"Nightmare, Cross is here." Dream shouted from the front door.

"Okay." I replied.

Cross eventually came to my room, I could tell that he wasn't at all surprised by the dark color scheme of the room.

"Nice." He said looking at my My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy posters.

I noticed that he was holding something in his hand, and it was seeming like he wanted to give it to me.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, these?" He moved his right hand. "Only just tickets to a Fall Out Boy concert."

My eyes widened, I grinned a little. I was happy to see that someone took me into consideration when they got something.

Cross handed me a ticket.

"When is it?" I asked, "And how did you even get these? Concert tickets cost an arm and a leg to get..."

"A little thing known as patience and determination." He replied.

"Is this Undertale or something??" I snickered.

"Do you want to have a bad time??" Cross asked poking me lightly.

Needless to say there was a lot of Undertale references said in the conversation.

"So, are you struggling with the mountains of homework??"

"Nah, I've got Starbucks. I'll be fine." I replied. "I'm planning a 3 AM Starbucks Induced Self Loathe Fest, so I should be done soon."

After I finished a decent half of the assignments, and we were able to actually hang out. So I casually started playing 'Fourth Of July' by Fall Out Boy.

"Oh, my god. This is my favorite Fall Out Boy song." Cross said.

"Mine would either have to be Immortals or I Don't Care." I replied.

"Hey, Nightmare and Cross-." Dream said only to be cut off by loud edgy music.

"You and I were, you and I were flying." Me and Cross sang, not caring about what Dream wanted to say.

Dream walked over to my phone and paused the song, I gave him the look of sheer internal suffering. Dream sighed.

"Look, it's eight. Jakei said that Cross could stay over if he wanted." Dream hit play on my phone. "That is all I wanted to say, also there's food in the fridge if you want to eat."

Dream left, god damn it. Why did he say it in a tone hinting at me starving myself?

"What does he mean by 'If you want to eat'?" Cross asked concerned. "Is there something you're not telling me??"

I froze up, I wasn't ready to lie and I wasn't prepared to tell the truth either. So I just did the only thing I could think of. I went with the option that seemed like the better choice. I would just have to be completely honest with Cross.

 "I'm sorry." I whispered, tears threatening to fall.

Cross' eyes widened, he engulfed me in a hug. I didn't even hesitate to hug back.

Why does he care??

Does he view me as someone worth his time?

Why am I asking so many questions??

I need to stop, my head is spinning...

"Do you think that you could manage to eat today??"He asked.

I nodded, he let me go and we both went to the kitchen together. I was glad that I didn't die before I met him...

"The edgy overlord has risen." Dream joked.

Cross and Joku snickered,  I smiled a little at the joke. The smile slowly faded once I realized that if they found out about my cuts Cross might never talk to me again...

###

(A/N: Sorry if this is a short chapter, I got a little sick off of my mom. ;-; y she do dis? Anywho, the next chappie will be a LOT longer.)