4: Mermaid Tail

*1 months later - Storybrooke docks.

Katy's POV

Mom and dad have tried almost everything to get my legs back but haven't had any luck, I'm just sitting on the docks right now watching the sunset when I hear a gasp, I turn around and see Jared. I jump back in the water as fast as I can until I hear him yell something.

"I won't hurt you, please come back!" he yells. Jared and Henry are almost the same and I know that Henry wouldn't hurt a fly. I swim back and slowly sit back down on the dock.

"Wow" he says.

"Hi" I say quietly.

"Hi" he says.

"Your Henry right?" I say.

"Yeah, how'd you know that?" he asks as he comes and sits next to me.

"Mermaids are smart that way. I'm Katy" I say smiling.

"How long have you been here?" he asks.

"Around a months now. why?" I ask.

"I haven't seen you here before" he says.

"Oh. how long have you been here?" I ask.

"Around thirteen years" he says.

"Wow. so what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was just walking, I've been feeling like something's missing lately, something important" he says.

"I wonder why" I say.

"I was just out walking when I saw something on the dock so I walked up to see what it was and it was you, you seem kind of familiar, are you sure we haven't met before?" he says.

"I'm sure" I say.

"Well, I need to go but, I'll see you around" he says.

"Yeah, bye" I say.

After that I swam around for awhile and then mom and dad showed up.

"Hey" I say.

"Katy we found a way to get your legs back" mom says.

"Really?! how?" I say.

"Here put this on" dad says as he hands me a bracelet and I put it on. I slowly stand up and my legs are back.

"Thank you!" I say a I hug both of them.

"Alright now that you have your legs back go find Jared!" mom says. I run all over town until I see him. I run over and hug him and he turns around and looks at me with wide eyes.

"You have legs!" he says.

"Isn't it awesome!" I say.

"How?" he asks.

"My dad is Rumplestiltskin and he gave me this bracelet that allows me to have my legs back" I say.

"That's great!" he says.

"Hey, I'm about to go and get something to eat if you want to come" he says.

"I'd love to" I say as we start walking to granny's. when we get there I step to the kitchen and explain to granny and Red that Jared lost his memories and he thinks he's Henry. after I finished explaining to them I walked back out and sit down at the table with Jared.

"So how did you end up here?" he asks.

"Well, I used to live in the enchanted forest but when the curse hit I was transported here. but when Emma broke the curse I turned into a mermaid again" I say.

"And your dad is Rumplestiltskin how?" he asks.

"My dad had a child with a mermaid" I say.

"Oh" he says. then Red walks over and tells me to come with her, me and Red walk back to the kitchen and she turns around and looks at me.

"Katy, I set up the stage so that you could sing, I thought since you were back you might want to" she says.

"Thanks Red!" I say.

"No problem, come on you have to decide what to sing" she says.

"I think I'm going to sing an original" I say.

"Cool. I'm gonna go tell everyone" red says as she walks on the stage.

"Okay, can I have everyone's attention please, we have a very talented singer that I am very glad to be back, miss Katy mills" she says. even though I got adopted I kept my last name because Katy Cassidy wouldn't work. I walk over to the stage and smile.

"Hi, I want to dedicate this song to my friend Jared, he isn't exactly here right now but, I hope he'll be back soon, this song is called maybe" I say as I start singing.

"I know that your still there somewhere,

you told me to be strong, and I'm trying,

but my faiths getting low,

I need you here to tell me everything will be okay,

I just don't know what to say,

(Chorus) where did you go? after everything that we've been through,

I've been feeling alone,

I need you here beside me to tell me that I'll be okay,

If you look then maybe you'll see, just maybe" I finish singing and smile. I walk off the stage and sit back down at the table with Jared.

"That was really good, you wrote that?" he asks.

"Yep" I say as Red shows up and gives us our food. after we both finish eating Jared walks me home. we get back to my house and I turn around to say goodbye.

"Bye Henry" I say. I will probably never get used to saying that.

"Bye Katy, I'll see you around I guess" he says as I wave and walk inside. I walk up to my room, change clothes and go to bed.

Jared's POV

I just walked Katy home. I'm not really under a spell, the witch threatened to kill Katy unless I pretended to forget her. the witch isn't dead and she could escape that mirror, I can't take any chances, I can't let Katy get hurt. even if it means hurting myself in the process.