10: Ogres

*Next day.

Katy's POV.

I woke up and Jared was still asleep.

"Jared, wake up" I say as he starts to wake up.

"Huh? five more minutes" he says.

"Do I need to pour a glass of water on you" I say.

"Alright, alright, I'm up" he says as we both get up and walk downstairs and see Ava and Nick.

"Good morning" I say.

"Good morning" Nick says as Ava pulls me into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday!" She says.

"It's my birthday?" I ask.

"Yep. you didn't know? your mom told me" she says.

"Oh" I say.

"Well, on another note, you and Jared are the cutest couple ever!" she says.

"What?" I ask.

"What do you mean 'what?' you guys are adorable!" she says.

"Whatever" I say as Jared steps in the room and Ava goes back to the living room with Nick.

"Happy birthday" he says as he hands me a box.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Open it and see" he says as I open the box and there's a locket with a picture of us from our first day in Storybrooke.

"I love it!" I say as I hug him.

"Good to know" he says as he smiles at me and help me put the necklace on.

"So this is what you were hiding behind your back yesterday" I say.

"Yep" he says as Ava and Nick come in the room.

"Guys, there's something you need to know" I say as we all sit down at the table.

"Yeah?" Ava says.

"The ogres are back" I say.

"What?" Nick says.

"How are they back?" Ava asks.

"I don't know. but we have to stop them, the only question is how" I say.

"Well, me and you have our powers and the boys are good with weapons" Ava says.

"Maybe if we could freeze the ogres, just for a few minutes" I say.

"Yeah" Jared says.

"We can do this" Ava says.

"Yes we can" I say.

"Okay, so how are we going to find the ogres?" Nick asks as I get a piece of paper and cast a spell that makes a map that shows us where the ogres are.

"Like this" I say as we all look at the map and see the ogres are about a mile away.

"Nick, Jared, stand in a line right here" I say pointing to the middle of the kitchen and they both stand where I told them to. I look at Ava and she nods as we both wave our hands in the air and we are all dressed in battle clothes.

"Well, this is weird" I say looking at my clothes and notice that I'm wearing a princess gown.

"My powers have never done this before" I say as I wave my hand in the air and then I'm dressed like Ava.

"There we go" I say as we all walk out of the house and start walking to where the ogres are. After we walk for a while we see the ogres. me and Ava freeze the ogres and the boys pull out there swords.

"Are you sure these swords will work" Jared asks.

"I'm sure. there poisoned" I say as they nod and go to the ogres and stab them. as soon as they get back we all high-five until we realize the ogre is unfroze and can hear us.

"Shouldn't he be dead?" Ava asks.

"He should be. it might take a minute before the poison work" I say as the ogre starts chasing us. after we run for a minute the ogre slows down and then falls.

"We did it!" I say.

"Yes we did" Jared says as he walk over and puts his arm around me. We all walk back to my house and when we get there no ones home. we all run upstairs to my room and decide to watch a movie.

"What should we watch?" I ask.

"The hunger games!" Ava yells.

"The first movie or catching fire?" I ask.

"Catching fire" she says as I put the disc in and we start to watch. After the movie is over I hear the door open and hear mom. we all run downstairs and say hi.

"Hi. I'm about to make dinner. should I make chicken or a roast?" she asks.

"Chicken!" we all yell at the same time.

"Chicken it is then" she says as she walks into the kitchen. we all run back upstairs until mom comes and tells us it's time to eat. we all run downstairs and eat and when we are all done it's ten thirty so we all go to bed. Jared is sleeping on the couch, Ava is sleeping on the extra bed and Nick is sleeping on the floor. I'm laying in my bed and staring at the ceiling. I sit there for a while but then I finally fall asleep.