The Party

It had only been a while since Normani's adoptive parents woke up, and it was already starting off hard. They knew it was the day that their daughter finds out about her birth parents.

They dreaded the moment it had been a month this day was set for, it was hard for them to wrap their minds on this. Especially for Andrea who loved her daughter and had grown so strong with her.

She did all she could to keep her daughter with her but she knew things are different now. There was a possibility that Normani would not react kindly and be mad at her. That is what scared her the most of this she never knew how Normani would react.

"It's happening today Derek, I can't believe this it isn't fair", Andrea said.

"Honey this was inevitable, you know by moving this family it would happen. Remember we had a deal with them be thankful they didn't press charges", Derek responded.

"So what we've raised her the whole time they only were there a few times how do they think they can take my daughter"

"You don't know what they went through think about the industry we've seen quite a bit with Mani. Don't forget they aren't normal humans give them the ability to be with her", he said.

"You're no help why do you want them with her don't you love your daughter?", she asked angrily.

"No but she should know this imagine how she feels, maybe there is a slight chance she wants to know her birth parents. We have to make it up to our girl she's been away from her parents. If it was you wouldn't you want the same", Derek said silencing Andrea.

During the day Normani went shopping to find an outfit to wear. Today was different her girls weren't going to the party only her, she wanted to represent the group well.
It was thrilling her the fact she was invited here she knew a few people there but she was quite shy. She knew it wasn't going to be easy talking to people. The time approached quickly before her parents imagined Normani was getting ready to go to a party as usual she is hearing her Beyoncé playlist.

"Little do you know babygirl", Andrea mumbled before entering the room.

"Mom how so you think I look", Normani asked.

"You look very beautiful baby, all party ready", Andrea said.

"Thanks mom, I'm excited I've never been to these event with out my girls I'm nervous", Normani said nervously.

"Don't be nervous you are going to enjoy the night don't over think, and don't worry about curfew", Andrea said.

"Okay that might not even be necessary I don't think I'll be there for too long", Normani said causing Andrea to chuckle.

"Alright but just in case honey", Andrea said.

"Thanks mom", Normani said finishing the last touches on her outfit.

After those last touches Normani she prepared herself, she thought to herself we can do this. Then she walked out of her house and to her car and took off to the event. It was a thirty minute drive she enjoyed by hearing her music.  Then finally she arrived to the party excitedly, she got out her car and took a deep breath.

"Here we go", she said and she walked into the door of the place.

She made her way to a table that had her name on it along with a few other people.  It made her smile that they cared enought to put her name at the table she was going to sit.

"Who is that for?", she asked the guy next to her.

"No idea they just set it there", he responded.