Part 3

"Officer?"

"Yes." She replied, her voice was smooth and calm.

"This may seem like a stupid question but why are you here?"

"It is not a stupid question. you were in surgery while Mr Cumberbatch here called us. I am also here to inform you that we have the man who did this to you, in custody." My heart stopped I was finally free from all the abuse.

"Wait he will come after me when he gets out. I know him, he would do that and then it wont just be my leg that gets broken."

"He wont be getting out any time soon. I can tell you that." She turned to Benedict then back to me. "May I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure" Benedict went to walk out of the door, "Wait. I want you to stay with me." I patted the bed sheets beside me and moved as much as the pain in my leg would allow. I answered all the questions the officer had for me. I told her what he would do to my mother and I, what he did on the night I was rushed into hospital, how he had killed my mother. 

"Thank you for this, we will file all this and he is going to prison for a long, long time." She said rising from the chair and walking over to the door. "and I hope the leg feels better soon too." she smiled at me before leaving.

After the officer left the doctor came in and said that he had to change the cast on my leg to prevent infection so he gave me this drug that made me feel a bit light headed, he said it was to help with the pain, but it felt so weird. I admit that if I didn't have the drug I would have been screaming out in pain, I could still feel the pain but it was numbed slightly. By the time I was back in my bed on the ward my head had cleared and I could feel the pain in my leg again. when the doctor returned to put the painkillers into my drip I asked him when I could go home. He said that I could most likely go home tomorrow but I would be on crutches for 8 weeks. 

About an hour later another officer came into my room, this time he was a male officer. "Hello Miss Cole. I am here to talk to you about what is going to happen when you leave the hospital." He too was polite and gentle, he was respectful of what had happened and touched upon the subject lightly and with caution as to not emotionally stress me out. "Do you have any family who would be willing to take you in?"

"No. Many of my bridges were burned a long time ago."

"Okay what about friends?"

"I wouldn't want to be a burden on them. Some of them have family troubles too, you know divorce and that sort of thing."

"Well, the only thing left we could do is to put you into a home for children like yourself who were abandoned or who's parents have passed away and so on."

"I'll take her in" A voice spoke from the doorway. I knew that voice. Benedict.

"Excuse me. Who are you?" The officer asked.

"I am her teacher at her high school, but I was a close friend of her mother's. I have known Beth since she was just a child." He lied. Man this guy was good. "I will sign the papers here and now."

TBC hope you liked it please comment and like and I will post more xxxxxxxxxx