Part 8

For the next hour or so we just sat on the sofa and watched TV. I had almost fallen asleep when Benedict picked me up and carried me back out to the car and drove me to the hospital. We waited 10 minutes for the doctor to call me in. I hobbled in on my crutches and layed down on the bed. They cut down my cast and removed it. I knew that it was going to hurt when they cleaned my stitches. They pulled out the bottle of iodine solution and poured it onto a cloth and gently wiped the stitches, inspecting them as they did so. "You should be able to have those out within the week, Miss Cole." One of the doctors said to me smiling. After they had cleaned the whole leg they applied another cast and sent me on my way. Benedict and I made another appointment for a weeks time so I could have the stitches removed. We got into the car and drove home.

At home we went straight upstairs and put on a film, we decided on the first Star Trek film. I pulled off my sweats and top as Benedict handed me one of his T-shirts. I pulled it over my body and sunk down into the covers. I had been given a little bit of pain relief while my cast was being changed and it was starting to wear off. I could feel a dull throbbing pain working its way up my leg. The pain gradually got worse and worse until I was sure that there was no longer any pain relief in my system. I pulled myself closer in to Benedict. He wrapped his arm around me, "What's up?" I could feel the tears forming in my eyes because of the pain.

"My leg. it just hurts, quite a bit actually. Have you got any pain killers?" He shuffled a little before climbing out of the bed, and walking towards the bathroom.

"Uh, yeh." He returned with a small box of pills in his hand, "Here take two of these, Paracetamol" They were relatively small so I was able to take them without water. The only thing is that when I take Paracetamol I get drowsy so I just pulled myself close into Benedict and fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning at school.

"heey Nat!" I yelled climbing out of Ben's car. She came running over to me and helped me out and picked my crutches out of the car, handing them to me.

"Hey, everyone else went in but I thought I would wait for you." She watched to make sure that Benedict had driven away before turning back to me. "So how was it last night? I uh, I don't remember you having that, the last time I saw you." She said indicating the small mark on my neck.

"Oh that, yeh that just sorta happened."

"Oh come on Beth! Those sort of things don't just sorta happen. You said you would tell me. please."

"No Benedict's job is on the line. I will tell you out of school. Meet me under the bridge after school. We'll go to Costa, grab a coffee and I will tell you everything. Okay?"

The rest of that day was pretty non descript I met Benedict at lunch to tell him that I am going with Nat to Costa after school, he said that was fine because it would give him time to catch up on his marking. he is a bit behind he said something about an enjoyable distraction. woops haha. oh well.

In Costa.

"What do you want?" Nat asked as we walked up to the counter.

"Same as always, Latte." The staff here new both of us so before we had even ordered they had already mad our drinks, a hot chocolate for Nat and a Latte for me. "Thanks" I said as I took the cup of creamy coffee. We sat at our usual table by the window.

"Come on spill. How are things with you and Sir?"

"We're good."

"That's it? We're good. you seemed more than good when I saw you last night."

"Yeh well I am not going into much detail."

"Well do you sleep together?"

"Yeh, but nothing has happened like, you know. I can't even if we really wanted to, cos my leg is in this stupid cast."

"Do you want to though?"

"Yes. Of course I want to."

"Does he?"

"Well judging by the way he was kissing me last night I guess he wants to. yeh." I thought for a while, I guess he wouldn't mind if Nat came over. I mean she would go home later, she lives just down the road. "Come over tonight, we'll walk you home later."

"Okay. sure"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Benedict. "Heey, Ben."

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much. can Nat come over. I mean, we have some homework to do and I thought that I haven't been able to hang out with Nat for a while, you know all the hospital appointments and such. So can she?"

"Yeh I see no problem with that, as long as I still get some time with you then I am happy if you are happy."

"Thanks Ben, I love you. Could you please pick us up from Costa cos I don't know if I could make it all the way back home?"

"Yeh sure, I'll be there in two minutes, just got to lock up."

"Okay I'll see you in a minute. Love you."

"Love you too. bye."

"Bye." I hung up and turned to Nat. "He says its okay. As long as I still get time with him." About a minute later Benedict turned up in his black Mercedes. He hopped out of the drivers seat and over to me. I pulled him into a hug and buried my face into his chest. He pulled away slightly and cupped my face in his hands, he pulled me up to him kissing me lightly, him being so tall I do have to stand on my tiptoes. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist. Eventually we pulled back, both smiling immensely. He opened mine and Nat's door and we both got in. We both sat in the back so that we could talk. Both Nat and I have a way of talking without using words. We can both speak sign language. As we were speaking about Benedict and I, we thought it best to keep our conversation silent.

'gees keep your tongue to yourself'. she signed to me.

'Come on Nat. It wasn't that bad.'

'You try standing there while you watch your best friend making out with one of THE hottest teachers in the entire school'

'No thanks I am okay in the place that I was.'

'Yeh. I'm sure you were.'

'come on, everyone thinks he is hot. The best thing is though, I have what they all want. Although they don't know it, he is mine and I am his.'

'He loves you. You know. A lot. The way he looks at you, like he is always ready to jump in front of you and take a bullet for you. I am pretty sure he would.'

'Thanks Nat. You're the best friend anyone could wish for.' 

We were broken out of our little sign conversation by Benedict, "What are you two doing? I have never known two girls to be so quiet before in my life."

"Oh, we can both speak sign language." I answered and signed the words 'Completely oblivious' to Natalie who just sat there laughing.

Will post the rest of this part later. Please vote and comment. Like I say I love hearing from Y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx