Prologue

"Lucy, I need to talk to you." He walked up to me in the hall and I was glad because I needed to talk to him too. We've been dating for a while now and something has happened.
"I need to talk to you, too." I said, pulling him into an empty classroom. We're both fifteen and in high school. He looked down at me and there was nothing but love in his eyes, it made me smile. But I couldn't be distracted.
"My father is back and he decided it was time for Sammy and I to go with him. I'm so sorry. I tried to get him to let me stay but he refused, I have to go." I felt the tears fill my eyes as I realized that Dean was leaving me. His father was back in town and is taking the boy I love away from me.
"But Dean, what does...will I..."
"I don't know. My dad doesn't usually go to the same town twice. I thought he was truly going to let us stay here, Lucy. I really did. I really thought that he was going to give Sammy and me a chance at a life here. A normal life. That's all Sam wants. I'm so sorry, I love you so much." I could see in his tear filled eyes that this was hurting him. That he didn't want to leave me. I leaned forward on the balls of my feet and kissed him with everything I had in me. I was saying goodbye to him. This was it.
"Um, when do you leave?" I asked. He just closed his eyes real tight and more tears sprang out and fell down his cheeks. I brushed them away as he smiled down at me.
"He's waiting for us outside. I just wanted to come see you before we left." I nodded. There was no changing this. There was no way of stalling, I couldn't figure out a way to tell his father about what was really going on. I had the perfect reason for him to stay but it was too late and I'm sure his father wouldn't listen or believe me. There was no point.
"I love you, Lucy." He whispered.
"I love you, too Dean." I whispered back. With that, he walked away and I never saw him again. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it through the rest of the day so I went to the school nurse and asked to go home. I waited in the office by the window and I saw an old black Chevy sitting outside the building. I saw an older man standing, leaning against the hood as two boys came out to meet him. One was just eleven, just four years younger than the man that I loved who was now having an argument with the older man. John Winchester. The man who was taking Dean away from me. From us.
I wrapped my arms around my midsection, thinking about how I was going to live without the man I love, without the father of my baby.