Chapter twelve

"Mommy!" I rushed forward towards my closest where the voice was coming from but I was suddenly grabbed from behind. I screamed.
"Dean!" I yelled as they come rushing in. My arms were behind my back, held by one hand as the other arm was wrapped around my neck. Terror flooded my veins as Dean's eyes mirrored that feeling. Sam just looked pissed as he held his gun out in front of him.
"Now now. No need to bring a gun to a rumble." I heard Howard say behind me. I just looked at Dean. Only at Dean and he did his best to just look at me, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.
"Look, just let her go. Okay, no one has to get hurt here. Sam, lower your gun." Dean said, holding his hands up. Sam looked over at him but did as instructed.
"Oh but I think differently." Suddenly, I heard a gun shot and jumped in fear. I screamed and looked down at myself, praying the baby was alright. That's when I saw Dean, kneeling on the floor, blood soaking his shirt. I lost my breath.
"Dean!" I yelled out, in a state of panic I fought to get away and somehow, I won. I ran over to Dean and looked at his abdomen.
"Son of a bitch." He said through grated teeth. "It's fine Lucy. He barely grazed me." Dean said, standing up. We both looked up at Howard as I gripped Dean's arm with everything I had. Howard was fixated on Dean and me so he didn't notice Sam barreling at him. He knocked him to the ground as Dean scrambled to get me out of the room.
Then I remember.
"Dean wait. DJ. He's here." I ran over to the closet where I heard his voice before and kneeled down to see better. Then I saw him, curled into himself, trying to hide from the chaos. He used to do that when he was little. He hasn't for a few years now so I was a little worried.
"DJ? Sweetie, it's mommy. Can you come out?" He didn't move a muscle, not even to look at me. "Baby, he's not hurting you anymore. But we do need to leave so can you give me your hands?" He reacted then. He reached forward and put his arms around my neck, squeezing me so tight. 
As I stood up straight, Dean ushered us out as Sam called 911. I held my son close and ran out the room. Dean had us in the living room and kneeled in front of us as I sat down on the couch. DJ didn't let me go as I rocked him slowly. Dean slowly rubbed circles on his back.
We heard sirens and Sam came running in, ready to let them in. I just watched as DJ's muffled cries echoed through the room. Cops ran in, guns drawn and paramedics ran to us, making sure we were okay. Dean stood up and out of the way, as if he wasn't hurt himself.
"Sir, is that your blood?" One of the medics asked. Dean looked down and just nodded.
"I'm fine. Take care of them. Please. My son was kidnapped and my wife is pregnant. Please just take care of them." The paramedics just looked at each other before looking at us.
"Okay, here's what we're going to do. We need to get you three to a hospital and you need to get that wound looked at."
"I said I'm fine. I can handle being grazed by a bullet. I need you too take care of my family."
"We are taking care of your family. Now, we are going to take them into the first ambulance and you're riding in the second. Let's get going." Dean looked at me and I could tell he was about to argue but I just nodded, telling him to do as they ask. He simply nodded and let the medic guide him as the other helped me up helped me into the back of the ambulance, taking us to the hospital.