Chapter twenty seven

"I can't believe you told him your name." Dean yelled as he drove down the road. "I was specifically avoiding that. The man is psycho. Now that he knows your name he can get to you. I didn't want him knowing who you were."
"I'm sorry but if he's as psycho as you say, don't you think it'd be a little dangerous to not tell him my name. I didn't tell him about the kids. I'm not that stupid." I heard Dean sigh in the drivers seat as I was picking at a bag of chips seems it was too dark out to read one of the books I bought.
"You're not stupid, Luce. But neither is he. He's probably looking you up right now to figure out who you are. Just keep a close eye on the kids while we're on this hunt I don't trust him and I'm just going to keep worrying." All the yelling seemed to wake up Connie in that back seat so I leaned over and felt her head again. It had been a few hours since the incident at the store, since we gave her her medicine.
"Her fever broke. Thank god but she's probably due for a diaper change." Dean nodded as he changed lanes to hit the next test stop. He grabbed her and took her to the bathrooms, I simply stayed put in the passenger seat. The situation with Carlos really seemed to get under his skin. He didn't tell me who he was, I just found out he was another hunter. I realized I needed answers so I knew who I was up against. I pulled out my phone and called Sam.
"Hey, Lucy is everything alright?" He asked as soon as he answered.
"Yeah I just have a question. Who is Carlos Rivera?"
"Why do you ask? Is Dean okay?" Sam seemed on edge now, clearly Carlos wasn't a good guy.
"We ran into him at the store a few hours ago. Dean seems really upset about it." I heard Sam let out a deep breath before continuing.
"When we were teenagers, he beat the crap out of Dean when dad left us with him." I looked up and saw that he was coming back so I quickly told Sam we'd see him later and hung up.
"Who was that?" Dean asked as he buckled out now quiet daughter in her seat. she was contently playing with her toys and giggling as Dean made faces at her. I couldn't help but smile.
"I was just checking on DJ. He's sleeping right now. They got to the motel about an hour ago." Dean nodded, getting behind the wheel, looking tired.
"Do you want me to drive?" I asked. "You look exhausted." He looked over at me and smiled, pulling me in to kiss my forehead.
"Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

When we got to the motel, Sam came out with DJ in tow.
"Mom! Dad! Look what Uncle Sam showed me." We both looked at Sam as our twelve year old son was holding up a couple knives.
"Really, now. Why don't you give those back and we'll go inside and have lunch." I looked back at dean once we passed Sam telling him to talk to him. I didn't want DJ knowing about this stuff and neither did Dean. Our children are not going to be hunters. It just wasn't going to happen.
"Hey, Bobby." I said, walking into the very small and questionable room they were in. I set the baby down and she started stumbling through the place. She wasn't walking yet but she definitely was trying.
"Hey you. Let me see the little one." He came up quickly and swooped her up, she giggled as his bread tickled her cheeks. It warmed my heart to see the guys with her. It was like they were completely different people and the weight of their world was completely lifted off their shoulders.
"Grandpa Bobby, can we play video games now?" DJ came up behind us, holding two controllers in his hands. I brushed his brown hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead.
"After I cut your hair dude. It's getting so long you can't even see." I laughed as he pulled away.
"I don't want to cut it. I want to grow it out."
"And let me guess; you want to get black clothes, were black nail polish and eyeliner, and listen to loudest of all the screamo bands right? Did I miss anything?" I asked, sarcastically. He just smiled and hooked up his game system.
"No, I just want to grow it out. That's all." I nodded once before turning to Bobby.
"Was he well behaved? Did he do what was asked of him?" Bobby looked over at the boy and playfully thought about it for a minute.
"Yeah, I believe he earned some game time. Might keep him quiet for a little while." I nodded as he walked out of the room and noise started coming from the television set.
"Hey, where are you going with my baby?" I yelled following Bobby out. The guys laughed as I grabbed her back from him.
"Hey. She's mine too. Let me have some Connie time." Dean said as he took her from me. We just sat outside together hanging out, just relaxing before Sam and Dean and Bobby have to go out on this hunts of theirs.

It was the middle of the night when I heard Connie start to cry so I slowly got out of bed. I looked over at Dean, sleeping like a rock and found DJ sleeping in the other bed. I started walking over to the crib and noticed something was off. I looked to the door and it seemed to be opened slightly.
I didn't move any closer, I simply got back to the bed and woke Dean up.
"Hey, Dean the doors open." He quickly jumped up and grabbed the gun under his pillow. I jumped back and waited for him to investigate. Connie had quieted down so I went to get her from her bed. DJ was still asleep so I didn't want to bother him.
"Whatever caused that isn't here anymore. The room is clear. I'm going to go see if Sam and Bobby are okay." I simply nodded and put Connie down before walking over to my bed.
"They're good. A little peeved I woke them up at 2am but they'll get over it." I laughed as we both went back to bed. Dean fell right to sleep, me on the other hand was wide awake.