Chapter thirty five

Dean's  face turned white and he dropped the bag he was holding.
"No." He said after he had composed himself. I shook my head stepped in front of him as he started to walk away. I placed my hands on his chest to brace myself, my knees wanting to give out on me.
"Please don't leave me behind. I'm not talking the kids. That's insane but I want to be with you. Until the end. Please." I felt tears start to fill my eyes and I rested my head on his chest and tried to breathe.
"Lucy. If something were to happen to you. You don't...you've never actually dealt with a demon before. This is going to be a lot to handle." I shook my head, pulling away.
"No. I can't let you walk out that door with the chance you may not come back. My heart is literally breaking Dean and everything is telling me not to let you leave." I was shaking. Fear had settled into my heart and anxiety was taking over. I couldn't stop the tears that were flowing now and the hiccups that came with the sobs. My husband is going to die. Tomorrow.
"Please." I whispered, laying my forehead against his chest. He pressed his chin to the top of my head and wrapped his arms tightly around me, rocking us back and forth. Trying without success to calm me down.
"Hey De..." we heard Sam walk in and turned to face him.
"Hey Sam, I'll be down in a minute okay?" Dean said quietly and his brother seemed to understand because he simply nodded and walked back out, closing the door behind him. I turned back to see the redness in Dean's eyes. His usually bright greens and intense browns were now replaced with a deep shade of grey. A storm brewing behind them as he knew this was the last fight to save his life.
"Okay." He said quietly, so quietly only I could have possibly heard it. I would have smiled at the win but given the circumstances, it didn't really feel like one. He kissed me slowly and I felt the urgency behind it. It quickly became heated as we both found the bed.

"DJ, I'm going with your dad this time. Okay? I need you to help Lisa and take care of your sister. Can you do that for me?" I said as Dean packed my bag in the car. We talked to Lisa so we knew if she'd be okay with watching the kids while the rest of us were gone. Which she was, especially after the boys had grown so close.
"Yeah mom. You know I will." I nodded and kissed the side of his head. We all said our goodbyes and Dean couldn't go. He held our daughter so close to him. He just kept looking at here, tracing her face and hearing her giggle. He smiled and laughed with her but I could hear the pain in it. Knowing he was never going to see her again. The tears that wanted to shed, threaten to expose a secret we've worked so hard to keep hidden.
He said goodbye to his boys and seeing this was too much. I told Dean I'd wait in the car. I couldn't handle it at all. I thought losing him was the hard part. No it's watching him say goodbye to his children.

"Sam, you can drive. I want to sit with Lucy." And that's how the drive went. All the way to the town where Lilith is currently hiding out. Surrounded by demons. I watched helplessly as they worked with Ruby to save a family from her as she possessed their little girl. All I could think of the entire time was Constance. What I'd do in this situation.

The family went to the basement and Dean turned to Sam and Ruby. Figuring out what to do next as we heard the horrid sound. The clock striking midnight. Dean's time was up. This was it. My heart stopped as I'm sure Sam and Dean's did as well. I'm not sure what had happened to Bobby but I'm glad he's about to miss this. Dean suddenly looked to his right.
"Hellhound." We froze, looking in the same direction. I couldn't see anything or hear anything for that matter but Dean could. And he looked petrified.
Suddenly, he started to run and we all followed, closing and locking the door behind us.
This was it.
I was suddenly blinded by tears and fear. This was our last chance and we blew it. My husband is about to die right in front of me.
"Sam that's not Ruby." We both froze, Sam never looking away from the blonde in front of him. "It's not Ruby!" Just as Sam was about to strike, with a wave of her hand, we were all thrown back. Pain surged through me as I hit the wall next to Sam and Dean was thrown on the table in front of Lilith.
"How long have you been in her?" He asked, usual snark.
"Not long. But I like it." I was no longer listening. I just paid attention to two things, the pain and my husband. Nothing else registered at this moment, so I was a little shocked when I looked over and saw her kissing Sam.
"Your lips are soft." She said. I again looked to Dean as he watched those two before looking at me, sudden fear surfacing throughout his face. Suddenly realizing how close I was, he realized he needed to get her attention.
"So is this your big plan huh? Drag me hell, kill Sam, and what? Become queen bitch?"
"I don't have to answer to puppy chow." I still didn't look away as she passed in front of my line of sight. Only Dean mattered now. It didn't register in my mind what she was doing until it was too late.
"Sic 'em boy" her voice was eerily creepy and sounded as if it had come from a child. I whipped my head to see her opening the door, which had some kind of dust that kept the dogs out.
I looked back to see Dean looking straight at me as I yelled out. This isn't happening.
Suddenly he was ripped from the table and thrown to the floor, Lilith no longer holding him down. Blood suddenly appeared in his clothes, spray from different parts of his chest as the invisible creature torn him apart in front of us. My heart was suddenly in pieces as the man I loved was being torn to shreds.
Suddenly there was a bright light and oh lord did it burn or at least it did at first. It started to fade quickly as Sam seemed to be not effected by it. We were both on the floor, me in pain from the burns while Sam just stood up and walked over to Lilith, knife in hand before she smoked out and Ruby's body fell to the floor next to Dean's.
Sam walked over to Dean and kneeled down. I could see his face but his shoulders shook with sobs as he grabbed his brother and cried.
I tried to get up but the burns hurt pretty bad and I couldn't really move.
"Ah!" I yelled as I fell back to the floor. My arms and legs were bright red and cracked, skin peeling a bit.
"Lucy. Oh my god. Let me see that." Sam suddenly remembered I was here. He ran over and gently looked at my arms, then he touched my face as I felt the sting of his hand.
"I think it's better than it looks. We'll stop a hospital on the way back." I nodded and looked back at Dean's body. Sobs started to shake my body as I suddenly couldn't breathe. He was dead. Dean was not coming back and there was nothing I could do about it. The love of my life was gone.