Chapter five

I felt my entire body shake and I tried my best to not show it. I was now afraid of the man standing in front of me. What was he about to do? And would he do it in front of Dean.
"Howard." He scrunched his face in a way that made him look more evil than I knew he could be.
"Is that all you have to say? Howard? I mean, I've been trying to call you, I've been to your house only to find a strange old guy staying there. I am really surprised by this. You don't even have the decency to call and let me know you're alive."
"In my defense, I really don't know how long I've even been here seems I was unconscious for most of my stay." I said with courage I didn't know I had. He even looked shocked.
"Four days, Lucy. I've been looking for you for four days and you should have called me the second you woke up." I couldn't believe this guy. Dean was starting to stir and I knew that all hell was about to brake loose.
"I'm fine by the way. That's for asking. I'm sorry my first thought was about where the hell my son is and not weather or not my boyfriend knows where I am. Lay off a little." I yelled a little louder and that was when Dean realized something was going on. He looked at me and then to Howard before looking back.
"Is this him?" I looked back at Howard, hoping he realized he needed to leave now before Dean got his hands on him.
"Are you the boyfriend?" Dean asked a little louder, standing up. The chair being shoved back made an awful noise and I have to cover my ears.
"Yeah I'm Howard, who are you?" He puffed up then, noticing the threat in the room.
"I'm Dean. I'm the boy's father. And I'm pretty sure you need to leave." Dean got right into his face and for a second, I was afraid. I looked around me for anything I could use to defuse the situation but was coming up empty. There was nothing but then I found the nurse button. I took the remote that it was attached to and starting feverishly pressing it. It only took seconds for the nurses and a doctor to come in.
"What the hell is going on in here? Who are you?" The doctor asked, seeing Howard. He turned to face the four that stood there, seeing a challenge where there wasn't one. My body began to shake as dean backed away, searching blindly for my hand because he wouldn't take his eyes off of the threat.
"I'm her boyfriend. I have every right to be here." He said, I watched as he walked over to the doctor who was almost two inches higher than his six foot and he was almost twice the size of his skinny waist. The doctor looked to me and in hopes that he could see the fear in my eyes and the way Dean was in protective mode.
"He's not the boyfriend?" The doctor asked before shaking his head. "Look it doesn't matter, I'm going to have to ask you both to leave. I can't have you upsetting my patient. Not when she has a concussion. Please leave or I'll call security." I looked up at Dean and I knew I didn't want him to leave. I needed him with me.
"Dean stays." Everyone looked at me as Dean and Howard started for the door. Dean looked a little shocked, Howard was furious.
"Miss. Donovan, I really advise that..."
"Dean stays. He is not the one that's upsetting me." The doctor nodded and looked to Howard, waiting for him to leave so he could get back to his job.
When Howard didn't budge the doctor realized he was going to need some help.
"Rosita, go get security please. Paul should be by the elevators." One of the nurses left as Howard just glared at me. He didn't say anything, he didn't move, he just stared with a evil sneer that I've never seen anyone use in my life.
"Sir, please come with me. I believe you've been asked to leave." I looked at the door to see a tall stocky man with dark caramel colored skin. He had hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail that laid across his left shoulder before he pulled it back.
"This isn't over. Believe me, Lucy this isn't over." He jabbed a finger in my direction and he spoke to me like he was scolding a child. He walked out with the security guard and the doctor left with the nurses but Dean didn't calm down, not until Paul came back and told us Howard was gone.