Chapter thirty two

My blood ran cold as I slowly turned to see DJ standing over Connie's crib. I heard Dean talking on the other end, saying something about the real DJ being there with him but I hung up the phone so I could find a way out.
"Hey sweetie, way don't you go wash up and I will set up a game? How does that sound?" He nodded and ran to the bathroom, closing the door, quickly I grabbed my daughter and made a run for it, not grabbing anything else on the way out. This was terrifying. Where the hell was DJ? Here did she take my son? When did she take my son?
I made it outside, only to realize, I didn't have a car. I kept my car at my parents house and they just kind of took it when they needed it. Me, on the other hand, have no way of getting away from this creature with my son's face.
I turned and there it was, my son was looking at me but it was more of you-look-really-good-and-I'm-really-hungry look. Connie began to cry due to the cold night air and the panic growing in me.
"Come play with me mommy." He said but I didn't respond. I didn't want to talk to it. I wanted my son back.
Just as quickly as it started, it ended. In the doorway of our motel room, the body of my son went up in flames and was suddenly gone, like this didn't just happen. I looked around and tried to see if he had simply moved but he was definitely gone. Thank god.

I sat on the bed, holding a now sleeping Constance with my phone in my lap. I was waiting for Dean to call me and tell me where DJ was. I jumped when the door opened and Sam walked in.
"Thank god you're alright. Come on. Dean's been trying to call you. Let's go." He said, clearly relieved. I looked down at my phone and realized that it wasn't even on. I must have turned it off at some point. I just ignored it and followed Sam to the car, getting in wondering where we were actually going. I didn't ask, things seemed a little tense with Sam so I stayed quiet.
Finally after about twenty minutes, we reached a development. I looked around and noticed that the houses were really nice. I don't think I'd ever move the kids to a place like this but it was still nice. Sam turned the wheel and we were pulling into someone's driveway. I wasn't paying much attention so I didn't notice the couple standing on the porch. I got out of the impala and started walking to the house since Sam said he would get Connie.
"Mom!" I froze as I watched my son running at me. He grabbed me around my waist and squeezed me as tight as he could.
"Oh my god, DJ. Baby, I was so scared." I kissed the top of his head which met my chest as I hugged him. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I looked up and saw Dean standing with a woman, who I assumed to be Lisa. A little boy was standing behind her, looking a little awkward.
"Lucy. Thank god I thought something happened." Dean grabbed my shoulders and pulled me to him. I just hugged him back. He suddenly cleared his throat and turned to face away from me.
"Lucy this Lisa, Ben's mother. Lis, this is my wife Lucy. DJ and Connie's mother." We shook hands and traded greetings. Lisa looked to be around our age with dark hair and eyes, Ben looked the same, although there was a resemblance to Dean that was subtle but still there, unlike DJ who was all Dean.
"Do you guys want to stay, have a drink for a few minutes? Let the boys get to know each other." Lisa asked, suddenly this felt a little awkward. This bomb just fell on us and we had to deal with something else before we even had a chance to get used to idea of another child.
But I smiled. She is also the mother of one of Dean's children. I have to respect that and make this work. For Dean. For DJ. And for Ben.