Chapter eight

"You're...pregnant? Lucy are you serious?" Dean looked shocked at first but seemed to warm up to idea fairly quick. He picked me up and spun me around.
"Dean, I am. That's why I'm so scared. I don't know what to do. You're gone doing things that could kill you and I'm here with DJ freaking out."
"You said you were okay with me leaving. You knew it was part of my life when I moved in. I mean I understand where you're coming from but Lucy I can't stop. I save lives. I...."
"Let someone else save them! Why is it your job to save everyone?" Dean looked a little hurt. We stood in silence until DJ came in.
"The television isn't working." He said, standing next to Dean.
"Alright, I'll fix it buddy." DJ nodded and went back to wait for his dad and I watched as a defeated Dean went to the back room to get his tools. I just rested my elbows on the counter and put my head in my hands. Suddenly I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist and pull me close.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"Hey, don't be sorry for telling me how you feel. I love you."
"I love you too."

The next morning, I was hit by a wave of sickness. I ran to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet, letting the contents of my stomach fill the bowl.
"Lucy?" I heard Dean walk in and kneel next to me, rubbing small circles along my back. Once I was finished, I groaned and sat back, resting against the other wall.
"You alright?" He asked, his back resting against the sink cabinet, taking my hand and squeezing it.
"Once I brush my teeth." I said laughing. I got a chuckle out of him. "Yeah I'm fine. So far it's not as bad as I had it with DJ. With DJ I had it for the first five months and it was awful. I could barely keep anything down." He didn't really say anything and I could tell he was still upset over yesterday. I knew he had to go but I didn't want him to. Not anymore. We have a family and he needs to be here with us.
But he also needs to be out there. Saving people, hunting things. It's his job.
"Dean, you need to go." He looked confused and a little hurt by what I said. "You have a job to do and you can't do it by sitting in the sidelines. Besides, your dad is missing. Go find him, go do what you have to and just come home to me. More often than before." He smiled a small smile, one I've seen a thousand and one times on our son, and kissed me.
"Thank you, Lucy." We sat there in silence in for a while before finally getting up with DJ.

I made breakfast and Dean joked with DJ while eating it, pretending his bacon was a mustache. I loved my boys and I honestly couldn't wait for this baby to come. Dean was an awesome dad.
"Earth to Lucy. Hey babe, can I please have more bacon?" I jumped when I realized I was burning the few strips on the fryer. "What has you smiling like that?" He asked with a smile to match mine.
"You. Being a dad. It suits you." He seemed to blush a little and he looked down at his plate, picking at his eggs. "Did I...did I just embrace the great Dean Winchester? Wow, I think that makes me the best." Dean laughed his beautiful laugh and came around the table to kiss me.
"Um, I'm eating. Can you please not do that?" We heard DJ say. We pulled apart and looked at our son who wore a grossed-out expression on his face, nose scrunched and eyes squinted. We just looked back at each other and kissed some more. He smacked his hand over his eyes and protested our actions as we just laughed. I love my family.