Chapter 3

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I dedicate this to AEBod04 because she's inspired me to overcome my problems and continue this story . You don't know how much your words means to me, I'm crying in joy right now 😂😂😂

Title: Chapter 3 - Rationality
Timecheck: ?PM

•••
Ethan's POV

Conciousnes finally caught me. Opening my eyes, felt like a thousand years has passed. Scuinting my eyes from a natural light we call the sun, I realized that I am laying down soaked on a sandy area we call the beach. I sat slowly, still processing everything as it sinks through my mind. When realization finally hit me, I realized that we were kidnapped. I panicked as I try to look for my friend, Sean.

"What the- where the hell am I?" I asked myself as I observed that this was no ordinary beach. Or world perhaps. This world is strange indeed. This beach is levitating above the sky!

"Did they hypnotised us?" I asked myself, losing grasp of my rationality. By now, I was not only panicking by the fact that Sean is missing but thinking what did the mysterious people have done to us.

This levitating beach I am standing right now has only a small proportion of sand and it has only one palm tree. Beside the palm tree lies a treasure chest, which catches my attention. I went towards the unusual treasure chest and tried to open it. Surprisingly, it opened with no hesitants. I looked inside the opened chest and saw a hook and a rope with a note on top of if. I took the items inside the chest as I scan through the note.

Escape.

After reading the note, the sand began shaking. I quickly took the advice of the note and quickly made haste as I look for another island. After looking for a new island that quickly caught my eye, the sand began falling. I quickly tied the rope as adrenaline flowed right through my body. I quickly threw the hook to  the island as I felt the island I am currently standing crumbled under me. Unfortunately, the hook did not get hooked to the another island so I had to try again.
"Help me in this god damn it," I cursed as I try to hook it again. I am basically falling right now. I felt gravity pushing me down to the ground as I secondly attempt to hook to the other island. I quickly threw the hook as to the island, hoping it would be a success. Falling to death, the rope suddenly helped me stop falling. I thanked the chest as I pull myself up.

I thanked the lords above as I finally reached the surface of the island. Aftershock still fills my body as I try to calm myself down.

Reaching the surface of the island, a person greeted me shokingly.

"Hello there!"

Confused yet curious, I greeted him back.

"Hello," I spoke as I catch my breath, losing the adreniline in my body, calming me down.

"You want answers, no?" The person opened up an odd topic but intrigues me with his question. "Answers for what?" I asked, thinking if he's talking about this odd place.
"In this what you call 'Odd place'," he replied with an odd tone in his last words.
I was still confuse yet terrified at this state yet I needed some answers.
"May I ask, what is this place?"
He shook his head and spoke with a grin, "The note will tell you."
"Maybe I should ask where Sean is," I thought while worry fills my body. Finally caught my breath, I asked, "Eh, have you seen a green-headed man?"
As he finally opens his mouth to respond, he was quickly interrupted when,

"E-ethan! G-get away from him,"

I heard Sean shouted, definitely talking to me. Trusting Sean's words, I backed out a little, taking the hook that I used to escape the other island, and used it to protect me.
"W-who are you?" I asked the man while horrification quickly hit me.
"Wha- I'm a friend," the man said nervously, hiding his right arm to take something from his back.

Then I saw Sean severely bruised and wounded from his behind, he then quickly attacked the man without hesitation.
Sean then quickly attempt to choke the man with a head lock.
Predicting that the man would stab Sean from behind, I quickly restrained the man's arm to refrain him from moving, finally slipping the knife out of his hand.
As Sean's arms gets tighter and tighter every second, the man then gives up and accepts his fate. He slips out of reality and death grabbed him, leaving him lifeless.
We then finally remove from our restraints as we catch our breath but I quickly went towards Sean and asked what did the man do to him.
"You wouldn't want to know," he replies as he chuckles but he quickly winces from the sudden pain from the awful wounds and the worst bruises.

"How in the world did you manage to survive these?!" I asked worrily thinking of what should I've done earlier before any of these happened.
He spoke while baring the pain. "I don't know, I jus-" he was interrupred when I shushed him.
"You need to rest. I'll patch up those wounds and heal up those bruises. I'll just see what I can do in this forest," I stated as I sat down on the ground as I let him sleep on my lap.

"Sorry I have to let you do these things Eth but thanks though, I completely appreciate it," I heard him mumbled as he finally laid down on lap.
"Don't worry about it," I replied as I finally hear him snoring softly.

•••

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
First of all, I would like to say sorry for the late update. Second, I would also like to say sorry for the last part of this chapter. It was quickly written and I was in a hurry. Third, I would also like to say sorry for such short chapters for English is not my native language, therefore sometimes I struggle with my words (You can notice that with some parts of my story. Some words were repeated for I do not know what words should I use). Lastly, I would like to say sorry for this long author's note. I feel like I should be apoligizing because this book is awful and it's not properly organized :(.

I promise I'm going to make it better and more planned through the next chapters!