Chapter 4

Title: Chapter 4 - Step by step
Timecheck: ?AM

•••
SEAN'S POV

Waking up from the bright rays of sunshine, I squinted my eyelids from the natural bright light. Observing the world around me, I then realized the person who caught my not so much unoccupied heart. Corny as much as it sounds, I already threw my worries for this.

As reality pulled me back, a sound of a demising tree caught my attention. Jolted upon the sound, I then quickly squinted from the sudden pain.

"What the-" I spoke as the bandages that wrapped my heavy wounds caught my eyes.
Finally catching the blue-headed man's attention, he then made way towards his destination, which was me.
"Good mornin'," he spoke with the brightest smile you could ever seen. Oh that smile that could shine as a diamond and brighten the darkest nights.
"I'm sorry for the bandages. I saw those at a nearby chest that I saw on the top of the floating hill on the other island," he spoke with calm and ease.
"You shouldn't say sorry. I should be the one who must say sorry," I spoke as mild guilt flowed through my chest.

The conversation gradually ended when a sudden grumble from my stomach echoed. Ethan offered fresh fruits of Muntingia but I denied his sweet offer.
"Don't you think that's too sour for my hunger?" I asked with humor as I try to make the conversation seem sprightly.

"Oh, I'll just look for an apple or something..." He muttered with sadness in his tone.

"Okay, okay. I'll eat it,"

☼ ~ ☼

I praised the gods above as we have finally moved from another island. I have to admit the island from before was quite a beauty but there was just too many "bad people" (as Ethan would call it) roaming on the island.

"Where should we go?" the young lad asked as he aided me on our odd yet thrilling journey.
"To be honest, I don't know." I admitted as I finally gave up on figuring where our final destiny is.

This odd and also confusing "world" is leading us nowhere. Jumping every island after island is leading us with no clues at all. There is a lot of questions kept circling above my head and it was starting to frustrate not only but also Ethan.

What is this place?

Why are we here?

Why were we kidnapped?

Is there some kind of goal that we need to be doing here?

These were the questions that roamed me since the time that I woke up from this odd place.
"You seem to be zoned out? What's been running through that head of yours?" the blue-headed lad interrupted my roaming thoughts.
"To be honest, I am still quite confuse about what is currently happening. But here's one thing: why were we dragged here?" shocked by my own words as I blurted it out of nowhere.
"I don't know for sure but I'm guessing we have super powers!" I chuckled lightly as the lad's inner child flowed out from him.
"Wait, wait a minute. Was that you speaking?" He suddenly added as if something was quite wrong.
"Eh, my head's not wrapping your question?" I said with an awkward shrug as we continue on our journey.
"This I actually the first time I've seen you baffled before, don't stress out okay? You might get a lot of wrinkles in that forehead of yours," he replied with genuine worry in his eyes. I chuckled lightly at his caring personality as I suddenly said,
"You're cute when you're making that face." A sudden flushed red tinted the blue-headed man's cheeks.

I stole Ethan's words after my statement. He was speechless yet you could his eyes that he was flustered by my words of compliment. Finally, sudden realization hit me.

"What on earth did I just said to him?" I thought while mentally slapping myself repeatedly. Ethan suddenly stopped us from walking as he shushed me quietly.
"Is there something wrong?" I asked softly yet my own words were terrified by his sudden actions. I was expecting for a proper response but all he did was shushed me.

My blood was suddenly pumping through my veins, terrified by what Ethan was being suspicious of.
"Ethan, what's wrong? Is there another stranger wandering here with us?" I asked, being panicky with the situation. I scanned the area (where we are currently in a levitating jungle) as I try to find something suspicious. The sun was about to set so it was a challenge to search for something suspicious and the natural light was our only help from the darkness.

"I just farted," Ethan suddenly said out of the blue. This man gave me a metaphorical heart attack.
"If I wasn't wounded I've already killed you. Twice," I threatened him as I finally calm down from Ethan's light prank.
"Wha~t? You were stressing yourself too much because I didn't respond to your compliment," he explained as he was laughing with joy. Well, I wasn't in joy even before and after the prank.
"Also, I already knew that I was cute so yeah," the blue-headed lad added.

Oh you cocky bastard.

•••