THE MIKAELSON FAMILY+THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Nicklaus/ Daughter)Imagine part 5

LAST TIME

I looked over at my daughter's burned body. 

You are going home my little wolf....

NICKLAUS'S POV: 

We had finally wrapped up my daughter's body and put her in the back of the vehicle. I looked back over to the Salvatore Mansion and saw the whole gang mourning the loss of their family and friends. I looked at each of their faces and they were upset but I could not care any less. They took the life of my daughter, they now know the pain. I turned around again when I felt a presence behind me. I could smell her sweet perfume that use to be intoxicating. I turned around and faced her with tears streaking my face. "Klaus, I am so sorry, I never thought..." she said trying to make up for their mistakes.

"No, you didn't think, you just let a innocent soul die at your hands," I said with anger and sadness. "Please Klaus, I still care about you, I never knew she was your daughter," she said trying to come closer to me. I stepped away from her and looked her right in the eye," you took the life of my child, the only thing that matters more than myself, that can never be forgiven." I turned towards my SUV and closed the hatch. I looked at her one last time. "Goodbye Caroline," I said with sadness and grief. I turned away from her and opened the door and got into the back of the vehicle with Hayley on my left and Rebekah on my right. Elijah was in the driver's seat.

Elijah looked at me through the mirror and I nodded my head despairingly. He started the vehicle and the others drove off first and then we began out descent back home.  Hayley and Rebekah both grabbed each of my hands and laid their heads on my shoulders. They still had tears dripping from their eyes. I felt numb to the core, like I couldn't breathe anymore. I rested my head on Hayley's and stared off at the road silently crying for my child.

It is going to be quieter at home and in my heart...

DAVINA'S POV:

            We were finally on our way home. Yet, this time it was quieter. My best friend is now dead. I felt like I lost a part of myself. (Y/N) and I were as close as they could get. She was practically the sister I have always wanted. Kol had to carry me to the vehicle because I was drained, physically and emotionally. I had Kol's arm wrapped around me and I was pressed into his side. Marcel sat next to me and Freya and Finn were in the front seats. I looked over at Marcel and all I saw and felt was sadness and anger and guilt. He knew her better than everyone, he grew up with her. They were sister and brother. I slowly grabbed Marcel's hand and squeezed it to show him I know how he felt and he wasn't alone. He looked at me with tears still falling from his eyes.  

He grabbed my hand just as tightly and brought it up to his lips. He left a kiss on my hand  and just held onto my hand. I pulled him over into my side and let him rest his head on my mine. I felt his tears dripping down his face on our hands. We silently cried all the way back to New Orleans. 

NICKLAUS'S POV:

We had finally made it to New Orleans in the early dawn. The sun was just rising over the river. She always liked watching the sun rise and set, even younger she did. Sometimes she would just wake up early to paint the morning sun rising. I watched all the people in the street as they passed. They all had either just got done partying or were getting ready for the new day. They had smiles on their faces while mine had none. We finally made it to the compound and parked the vehicle. I still felt weak in my knees and like I couldn't walk. I had stumbled a little getting out of the vehicle. Rebekah and Elijah had both grabbed my arms and held me up.