Introduction of a Queen

______________________________

COPYRIGHT ©2017 BY Miss_Hoodnificent. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO CONTENT IN THIS BOOK MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

______________________________

 Introduction of a Queen

~Tilly Beans P.O.V.~

Grabbing my royal purple towel with a bunch of those emoji crowns scattered around the fabric, I folded it over my arm and tried to fix the left coconut so it wasn't pinching the under-boob part of my skin anymore.

I left my room and walked happily down the stairs right to the kitchen to grab my ice tea off the counter. It had the little umbrella in it and everything which made me more than content. Even my glass had crowns on it which made me feel like royalty- I am royalty to be honest. With the shit I've done and been through, I can safely say I've earned my royalty title.

Carrying the towel and my tea, I slipped out the backdoor that was left open so the sea breeze could fill the house. Looking around the empty beach, I was satisfied that it was just going to be me enjoying the weather and get to feel more connected to my sea life.

I laid out my towel across the sand, close enough so when I lay down on it, my feet can be buried in the sand and the water can come up just to my ankles without getting my towel soaker or the rest of my body. The big umbrella from yesterday was still set up in the sand so I was right under that as I laid on the towel.

It felt weird being back at the house in Compton. It's been four months since the murder of my sweet baby beans and I know I swore to myself I would never set foot back at this house but I needed my closure.

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about them, how I should have done better as a mother. I always feel like I should have been more protective of them but I didn't want to be a hover mother, I wanted my kids to be able to explore and see the world for themselves- I just would have never expected that to happen in a million years.

However, as Daddy Arlie says, I don't need to dwell over it. Beating myself up won't change anything and in a sick twisted way, I feel like this was life's way of breaking off the toxicity that was King. I would always be linked to him no matter what and instead life came through in a cruel way to basically say I'm not about to be bound to someone like him.... I just hate how it meant- I need to stop. What's happened has happened and I'll be able to see them again in the afterlife.

"I'm gonna miss you, home. I really am." I breathed out as the cold water came and brushed my feet. I worked hard for this house, the years I had to grind, risking my life for the cash to then buy this beauty and now I'm selling it. This was my form of closure, kissing goodbye to the past and the negative events-

"Knew I'd find you out here." Daddy Arlie's voice rang so deeply as he approached me, scooting onto my towel just under my umbrella. "Ooh, let me get a sip." He said and I gladly handed him the glass.

"You know well, love the sea." I said taking my eyes back over to it. "You don't understand how badly I wish I was a mermaid, just wanna be under the sea with all the marine line and coral." I said which got him to laugh a bit. "I'm serious."

"I know you are and I wish I knew a way to make that dream of yours come true but till then you've got life up here on land with me." Oh yes I do. "I'm glad to see the coconuts finally on you, seems like forever since I last saw you sauntering around with it." He said as he playfully pulled on the thin straps.

"Wait till I pull out the seashells, those are my really nice ones." I said looking back at him only to see he was shaking his head with a prominent smile on his face. "Yeah I know you wanna see that."