9. Worth The Wait

9. Worth The Wait

Arlie

We were nearing the final days of our honeymoon. I didn't want it to end because it wasn't just us fucking all day long in our suit in various places. Yes there was sex and it was constant but we also went out to do other activities like go on hikes, scuba diving and wandering around the city of Vaitape. To me doing things like that with her was fun 'cause its not stuff I normally do and though I might not be one for hikes, I learned she loved them because it gave her a chance to explore and I know she has an adventurous side she's not afraid to tap into. It's just amusing to see how fascinated she is when she's out in nature, more so in the water where I can vividly see how much it pains her that she can't be under the water infinitely or grow a full on mermaid tail like I know she's dying to do. 

Today she said she was feeling sore- from early this morning because she wanted to try to play with morning wood but wasn't grown enough to handle all that in the morning- and just wanted to be in the suit so we opened up all the doors for the sea breeze to come in, blowing the thin white curtains gracefully and we were right now laying on the bed just talking. She wanted to hear my life story up to when I first met her and of course I shared my life from as early as I could remember to when I was first introduced to her. I liked how she kept watching me as I talked, engaged and wanting to hear more, she followed along flawlessly with curious eyes and intent ears.

"So you didn't even want to be in IRG in the first place?" She asked raising a perfectly neat kept eyebrow of hers slightly.  

"No. I wanted nothing with it or the entire drug game. I was already an angry child from what my Mom lied about to me and then being forced brutally into something I didn't even fully understand didn't help. There was a lot of abuse that went on behind those trap doors and it just made me worse as an individual. Then Heather came along into the picture, then Nicole and the rest of the bullshit that followed." I said with a shake of my head as I took that mental fucked up trip down memory lane. 

"I can see, God damn. You and Rommel never got along? Like ever?" 

"He wanted me dead and I wanted him deader. Tilly Beans, I'm not kidding when I say I tried so many times to kill him, that's why the idea of having more than one member at the trap came into play because I was always trying to kill him when it was just him and I alone. Where he lacked in eyesight he made up for in hearing so he always heard me when I would try to quietly approach. I never wanted to kill him with a gun, I wanted to strangle him and watch his eyes roll back, that satisfaction of knowing I took away his life the way he took away mine." Its morbid to admit that but its true and I never felt bad for all the attempts I made, if anything I feel bad for not succeeding. Even just looking back at my memories and seeing that face, it gets my blood boiling every time because I truly hate him with such a burning passion. 

"I've heard some of the stories from others but hearing it directly from you is different. The way you talk about him, its clear you hated him and I can see why. I knew you were jumped at a young age but I thought it was because you wanted to be apart of it." I shook my head again. "I don't know, hearing your life from before we met is interesting. It gives me an insight to who I married and all the more reason why I love you." She said rolling up onto my chest to then inch her way close enough give me a kiss and I laughed against her lips. 

"You're like a seal trying to scoot your way up, that's cute." I said before kissing her back. "I wanna hear yours. I've heard bits and pieces but let me hear it from you." The look on her face was enough to convince me I was about to hear plenty of fuckshit but I was looking forward to it. 

***

"And so when I reached my thirties, I felt like I was missing something in my life. So I packed my things and fled from Compton up to Oakland where I knew I'd find Sweets and the missing piece to my life." She said proudly as she caressed my cheek delicately with the back of her hand, her eyes soft and caught with mine.