7. I Wish I Had A Clever Pun But I Don't

Tilly Beans

It takes a lot to even try to scare or evoke fear into me, I may not have been born with any but that doesn't mean one hadn't developed over the years. I've seen and been through a lot in my years of being on this planet. However, tonight was my last night being just Tilly Beans and tomorrow I become Mrs. Corvo... that is what scares me and has put fear into my body.

Maybe this is a bad idea and we should just forget all of this, I know I'm not going to sign an actual marriage license so it isn't technical but when you walk down that isle and stand before the man you love announcing your vows... I just don't want to say my vows again only to have them burned at the stake for me to watch. I don't like to get emotional but sitting here at the nail salon, I was starting to feel like I was gonna shed a tear because of the thought of Arlie stepping out or I don't turn out to the perfect wife he was expecting me to be.

"You should be smiling with excitement, what's the matter?" Nelle Bells asked when she looked over at me. Sweets was of course my maid of honor and she was planning the wedding alongside Arlie so I haven't seen her for the longest. Instead I found myself hanging out with Nelle Bells, it was nice of her to come with to help me pick out a dress and such. I was excited for the dress because it looked better on me than the last one I had wore so I wanted to be in it just not walking down the isle in it.

"Its tough going through this a second time. You're lucky you only had to go through it once and it worked out. I'm very nervous-"

"You're getting married?" The woman doing my nails asked as she looked up at me with wide eyes. "That's beautiful, how long have you known your fiance?"

"A long time I've known him, can't even remember how long ago it was. It was after you got married because I wasn't there for your wedding." I said looking over at Nelle Bells. "We'll just keep it at a long time."

"That's how it should be, not just someone you met only six months to a year." I find those marriages to be funny, especially when one finds out some horrible truth or secret about the other and it leaves them clusterfucked as to who they actually married. A lot of females from my graduating class did that because they thought they were special cookies. "What are the details?"

"I know nothing about my own wedding besides my dress. I don't like marriage but I love this man more than he understands so I'm trying to push through my commitment fears. I've left everything in the hands of him and my maid of honor." My nails were cute, I usually wouldn't get acrylics because they don't last a full twenty four hours on me given how rough I am but they were so nice. She was doing a wonderfuckingful job and that got me to finally smile.

I didn't even want a bachelorette party, that's how nervous this whole thing has me. I'm not just marrying anyone, I'm marrying Arlie for shits sake. He's him and all his Daddyish ill tempered calm collected glory and then there's me, the horn ball who has her priories all over the place and wants to spawn a child with Arlie. If he didn't see this as a good thing, he would have held off like he did with Amber and Heather so I just need to try to calm down and maybe if I focus on my nails it'll take my mind off of the nerves.

"Trust me when I say she's nervous for no reason. She'll see she was doing the most with all this and regret not having married him sooner." Nelle Bells said so confidently. "That's how I feel towards Lexis, I wish he and I had gotten married sooner but all the bullshit was in the way at the time." I feel like all these couples went through some phase of bullshit that ultimately brought them closer and that hasn't happened with Arlie and I.