1 . Let's See How Life Goes

1. Let's See How Life Goes

~Tilly Beans P.O.V.~

Being back up in Oakland was nice. I got the closure I needed down in Compton and am glad to say that house is now up for sale, I'm closing a chapter and ready to start the next. King and I's old house back in Varo's hood was going to be put on the market too but Lexis offered to buy it off me and of course I just gave it to him. He doesn't need to pay me a dime for all that he's done for me and now Lexis has his house in the hood when he doesn't want to be at his main one.

As for me, I've taken permanent residence at Arlie's humble home. One of my favorite parts about living here is like this very moment.

The both of us had gotten up earlier on to get ready and what not but ended up crawling back into bed to get a little more sleep since we had been up so early. As of now, the sun was beginning its rise, allowing its glow to seep into our room since we never close the glass doors that lead out to the balcony- well unless it's raining or storming. I gave my heavy eyelids a flutter so my eyelashes wouldn't stick together and smiled when I saw his arm securely holding me just under my breasts.

I could feel his chest delicately inhaling and exhaling in a peaceful rhythmic pattern. Laying here, it's still unbelievable how I've managed to find someone such as himself. I turned my head just enough to get as good of look as I could at him- fuck it, I completely rolled over without making that much of a scene and he remained asleep.

His face soft and body completely relaxed as he slept, my eyes wandered all around but I had the strongest urge to touch him, caress his cheek or better yet become engulfed in his arms but I didn't want to disturb his sleep. At the same time I wanted him to wake up because I wanted his attention. It's something I crave and feel like I never get enough of in a day even though he showers me in it. I'm just gr eedy but knowing I keep his attention makes me feel really good about myself- I already feel good but it's just that icing on the cake.

Only moments later did he start to stir, becoming restless till finally he opened his eyes and looked directly into mine. It's that intimidation behind his that makes me scared but so enticed at the same time because I know he won't do anything to me but still. I've always liked to play with fire and he's an entire inferno but a controlled one- I'm just all over the place with my thought process and he does this to me on the regular.

"Good morning again, Mami." He said pulling his mouth back to a smile. "I could have sworn I was gonna wake up before you." That's what they all think and try to aspire, only few have succeeded.

"Good morning again, Daddy. I've only been up for a few minutes anyways." Minutes that might as well have felt like hours.

"So you've just been watching me sleep?" He asked followed with a yawn and I nodded more than eagerly. "Of course you did." A subtle shake of his head with some laughter.

"Well I had nothing else better to do and I didn't want to disturb your sleep. So I improvised." He sat up and gave his arms a stretch, I looked over to his nightstand to see the time and figured I should get up as well. Flipping onto my back, I was now in too comfortable of a position to continue with getting up. He pulled back his blankets and I felt the sudden draft come whooshing up underneath. "Oh my God!" I screeched and pulled the blankets back down instantly. "Nigga there's bed laws and you just broke one."

"Bed laws? What did I break?"

"Be respectful of others who share the same blankets as you. You may be dressed and warm from the waist down but as your fellow bed mate who chooses her birthday suit, I just lost all my warmth." I snapped back at him.