Impulsive (Morality)

OKAY SO I HAD THIS IDEA FOR A WHILE NGL BUT I PUT OFF WRITING IT FOR AGES CUZ I FELT LIKE IT WAS???? TOO ANGSTY???? BUT WHATEVER YOU'RE GETTING IT ANYWAY! Okay but seriously this is quite literally the angstiest oneshot I've written to this day. Oh Morality, poor soft boi, why are you so much fun to hurt? I hope you all enjoy this anyway, feedback is always appreciated ^_^

Trigger Warnings: Implied Suicide, Self Hatred, Major Character Death, Angst, Ask if you want anything tagged

Morality was impulsive, everyone knew that. They knew how he'd let his emotions dictate many of his actions because he just felt so deeply.

They didn't know, however, just how deeply he felt. They didn't know how every comment, every jab hurt so much no matter how much he pretended to not care.

They didn't know how angry he could get because he never showed, bottling it up until he got to the safe confines of his room.

Where he would punch, kick, yell, anything to get rage out. And when he would feel 'normal' again, he would come back out, tear tracks that once stained his cheeks now gone, his face no longer a furious red. Lips pulled back in his usual, happy-go-lucky smile.

The others thought Morality only felt happiness and love. They were wrong. Oh how wrong they were.

"Honestly, Morality, can't you take situations seriously just this once?" Logic was wrong.

"Maybe you should sit this one out, Morality... We understand you're not very experienced in feelings of such sadness." Prince was treating him like a child.

"Morality...Are you alright?" Anxiety was ignored.

Morality sunk down silently. They didn't want him here and that was okay, he didn't want to help anyway. He didn't understand any emotion other than happiness anyway.

The moment he returned to the mindscape, he was running. Running to his room. His safe place.

He hadn't realised the tears that were running down his face until he slammed the door behind him loudly.

But they weren't angry tears. They weren't happy tears. They were tears of sadness. And Morality hated it.

He hated crying. He hated feeling. He hated existing.

He looked to the stool at his left, and the cables on the other side of the room. 

Anxiety had left to the mindscape as soon as he could, quickly heading to Morality's room. Somebody had to check up on the other, and Logic and Prince didn't seem to see the need to do so. So Anxiety was going to. After all, the fatherly emotion constantly put up with Anxiety's problems, who says he can't return the favour?

Anxiety knocked on the elder's door. "Dad, you in there? It's me, Anxiety. I just wanted to check to see if you were okay..."

Silence. Wait, no. Not complete silence, what was that noise??

Creak, creak, creak

Anxiety's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, what was that noise? "Dad, is everything alright in there?" He placed his hand on the doorknob, his ear at the door.

Creak, creak, creak

"Dad, I'm coming in, okay?" Anxiety was worried now. He twisted the doorknob as the creaking continued.

The door slowly opened, Anxiety almost scared to see what was on the other side, why was Morality being so quiet?

Creak, creak, creak

And then, as the door opened fully, Anxiety stepped into the room with his gaze on the floor, the creaking was now only more clear.

Anxiety saw a shadow on the floor, something....swinging?? What on earth– Oh... Oh God... Please, please, please no.

Creak, creak, creak

And so Anxiety looked up, his heart now in his throat, his hands shaking, his face pale and as he saw what exactly was making the creaking noise, he dropped to his knees.

And he screamed.

Morality was always impulsive.