Nightmares (DarkDisneyDads)

Yeah that's right, this is DarkDisneyDads aka Anxiety/Prince/Morality What you gonna do, huh? You gonna fight? You gonna fight me for putting them in a loving, healthy, happy relationship? Huh? Come at me bro, 1v1 irl lets fIGHT. Feedback is always appreciated.

Trigger Warnings: Angst (with a happy ending), Panic attack, Self harm (Only slightly; pulling on hair in the non sexual way), Ask if you need anything tagged

"How funny. You thought I cared."

Anxiety felt his heart drop, his throat close, eyes sting. He felt like he'd just been slapped.

Prince looked at him, his eyes holding nothing but anger towards him, disgust, distaste.

Anxiety opened his mouth but couldn't quite seem to form his words properly "I-I thought-" His voice was unsteady.

"Thought what? That I loved you?" Prince's look was scornful and it made Anxiety feel small. "I don't need you, I don't need any of you."

"Prince, please. I-I regret it all!! I really do, I swear! Please, please- let's fix this, please." Anxiety wasn't sure what it was he was supposed to regret, all he knew was that he couldn't lose Prince.

Prince looked at Anxiety with unmasked fury in his eyes and he took a step forward, his fists clenched, Anxiety took a step back, shrinking down.

"You don't regret anything, stop lying. I, however, have many regrets in relation to your pathetic existence but one of the things I regret the most is giving you hope that I actually loved you by agreeing to this relationship." Anxiety wished Prince had just hit him, that would have been less painful than the terrible words that were being spat at him.

"But that's not what I regret the most. No, Anxiety, you are my biggest regret."

Anxiety sat up in his bed, inhaling a deep breath of air as he tried to calm himself from the nightmare he just had with no luck. He gasped for breath as he felt two twin streaks of warm liquid spill down his cheeks.

He ran his hands through his hair, grabbing fistfuls of the strands and pulling until it stung so he had something to focus on that wasn't the hand clenching his heart and making his chest hurt.

The broken sobs that left Anxiety's mouth made him grateful that his room was at the end of the hall, away from the others.

There was a gentle knock at Anxiety's door before it opened, revealing Morality standing there, looking concerned.

"Anxiety, are you alright, kiddo?" His usual bubbly attitude was gone, this had to have been the most serious Anxiety had seen him.

Anxiety tried to make his breathing even, his shaking stop, even for a second to reply but couldn't and Morality quickly sat down beside him.

"Hey...hey...I need you to take some deep breaths Anxiety, okay? It's alright," Morality's words were soft, his hands on his shoulders gentle, giving enough support to make it be known it was there but not enough to overwhelm Anxiety's sensitive senses.

Morality gently and soothingly coaxed the youngest emotion out of his attack, his words calm and kind. He never once snapped, sighed or showed any sign of exasperation when the dark emotion would gasp out through tears that he was unable to calm his breathing, too scared to think rationally or attempt it.

As Anxiety felt his heartbeat slow, his breaths return to their natural state and his tears stop, Morality smiled at him proudly.

"Well done, kiddo. I knew you could do it!" His momentary relapse into his normal self was broken as his gaze became serious once more "Why were you so upset, honey?"

Anxiety's muscles tensed as he recalled the cause of his attack, the words that Nightmare-Prince had spat at Nightmare-Anxiety, the look of hate upon his face as he threw said words at him.

Morality was still looking at him expectantly and for once, Anxiety felt as though it was okay to let his facade down, just this once.

Anxiety told the other personality everything, the words said, the hateful look that came with them, the feeling he had felt during it. He told him every little thing and god did it feel good to do so.

Morality, for once, sat silently listening, he never interrupted, just sat and listened to Anxiety, taking in everything.

When Anxiety finished telling the other, Morality found his gaze "You do know it was all a dream, right? Prince doesn't truly feel that way about you, he loves you. We both do," Morality smiled reassuringly towards the younger.

Anxiety looked down, pulling his sleeves over his hands "I guess..."

Morality inhaled deeply, a smile on his face "C'mere, kiddo." And as he said that, Anxiety felt himself get pulled into Morality's chest, his arms wrapped around him in a tight hug. It felt nice.

Morality rested his cheek on the other's head, mumbling into hair "You are loved, remember that, Anx,"

And Anxiety smiled into the hug as he felt a kiss be pressed against the top of his head and, for once, believed it.