Chapter Eight

It had been a week since Anna heard from Damien. The day they had breakfast together, the day after they had sex, was the last time she had spoken to him or seen him. She waited for his call every day but it never came. She decided to call him but his assistant told her he was busy every time. She texted him and even emailed him. But still nothing. She was hurt. She had pushed him away and now he didn't want anything to do with her.

He left even though he said he wouldn't. You stupid girl. Why would you ever trust a man like him, she thought to herself as she wiped the tear from her eye and started getting ready for work. On the way there, she let the tears flow. How could she be so stupid to actually believe him?

She put on her apron when she got to work and washed her hands. It was her and Alex today and boy did she have a lot to tell him. "Hey Alex," she sighed.

"Oh no. What is it?" He asked as he hurried over to the register where she was standing.

"Well, I met this guy. Well, actually I bumped into him and spilled coffee all over him. Anyway, we had sex, he slept over, we talked about a lot of stuff and he told me he had been watching me and that he wanted me and all this bullshit and then, nothing. He ghosted me. I've been trying to get in touch with him for over a week"

"Wait- he was watching you?" Alex asked, shocked I hadn't mentioned this before.

"Not in a creepy way. But back to the point. He's kind of a big deal. He's pretty rich too from the looks of it. And I knew I shouldn't have trusted that he wanted someone like me. But I did anyway and now my heart hurts. I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean a big deal? Who the fuck is it you slut?" Alex laughed.

"Welllllll...it might be Damien Bailey if you know who that is"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!  You were NOT boning the man that owns basically the entire fucking city! Shy little Anna?! No way! What was he like? Was he big? You know I would take a piece of that in a minute" he joked.

Anna laughed for the first time in days, "Alex, calm your dick. He doesn't own the whole city. Just like parts of it. And only because it was inherited. He didn't actually work for any of it. I didn't even know who he was before I looked him up in the bathroom on our date, uh, dinner, thing. But yes, he was big. And yes, it was fantastic. And yes, I've had dreams about him ever since" she blushed as she recounted her night with Damien.

"Girl I need all the details. But I have to go wash some dishes. Can you finish baking cookies?"

"Sure thing! We can talk at lunch" she said as Alex walked into the back.

A few moments later when she was putting cookies away, a stream of customers walked in. She got into her zone and started ringing people up and getting food while Alex made their drinks. She had gotten through most of the crowd of people when she heard him.

"Hi what can I get for you today?" She asked while looking down at the floor from the bake case, noticing how badly they needed to be swept.

"Speak up. I can't hear your little voice over all of this noise" Damien demanded.

Anna looked up at him in shock but decided to ignore him so her feelings wouldn't come out. "Hello Sir, what can I get for you this morning?" She asked with a fake smile.

He raised his voice, "Anna."

"Could I get you a caramel macchiato or maybe a cappuccino?" She asked, avoiding eye contact.

He slammed his fists down on the counter, "DAMMIT ANNA!" He screamed, making the entire coffee shop turn their attention to him and quiet down a bit. The crowd had died down so now they were the only two at the counter.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to-wait. You're Damien Bailey. What the fuck are you doing here? Anna are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, Al, I'm okay. Can I take my 15 now? Please." She looked up at Alex with her puppy dog eyes, knowing she can get whatever she wants when she does that.

Alex glared at Damien, "Yeah I can take over. But come get me if you need me".

Anna took off her apron and walked from behind the counter to join Damien at a table.
"What do you fucking want?" She said as she crossed her arms in disgust.

"Anna please, let me explain" Damien pleaded with sadness flooding his face.

"Go ahead. You have 5 minutes"

"When I heard that girl talking at Whisk, about you and your life. About what you went through. I thought I shouldn't be with you because I don't want to hurt you any more than you already have been" Damien said as he put his hands on her arm.

"So your plan was to hurt me?" She said as she pushed his hands away.

"No, Annab-Anna. Don't be ignorant. I would never intentionally hurt you. But some of the things that are included in my lifestyle," he looked down, " I don't know if they would be good for you. So I ran. I apologize for how I reacted and how I'm sure I made you feel, but I promise you it was for your own good."

Anna held onto his hands and he looked up to see her teary-eyed. "Damien. I need you to tell me if you want this or not. I can't sit around anymore and wallow in self-pity thinking about you."

"I can do that. But first, I need you to read the ins and outs of what I expect from our relationship. Just some things I'm interested in and things I'd like to try," he opened the briefcase she didn't notice he had with him," I wrote this up so you can better understand what my lifestyle is, so you can decide if you want this or not" he said as he handed her the messy scribbled papers he had obviously handwritten for added effect.

"A-alright. When do you need my answer? And if I agree, does that mean you will actually start contacting me? Or will you leave again?" She said as she looked over the pages.

"Anna, even if you say no, I will still contact you. I will still talk to you. I promise"

"Alright. I have to get back to work but I'll read it over and give you an answer by Saturday" she said as she folded the papers and stuffed them into her back pocket.

"Good girl, Anna" he smirked as she stood up.

"Oh, and Damien?" She said as she walked towards the back.

"Yes, little one?"

"You might wanna leave. Alex might kill you" she laughed.