019

During lunch, Niall and Zayn were having a peaceful conversation when Liam approached them.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked Zayn, immediately making him nervous.

"Okay." He said cautiously, getting up and following him.

"Hey, so I was hoping we could put our little make out session behind us and...everything be cool?" He asked.

"Yeah, I mean it already is." Zayn shrugged.

"Good, great, so what can you tell me about Harry?" Liam asked.

"What?" Zayn frowned.

"Harry Styles. I know you communicate with him. I want to ask him out sometime and I was just wondering if he had a boyfriend or something." Liam explained.

"Wait a minute, why would you want to ask him out? You don't even know him." Zayn frowned.

"Why? Have you seen him?" Liam asked.

Zayn began to reply, stopping when Liam turned him by the shoulders.

"Look at him." He said quietly.

Harry was walking to the front of the school, the wind blowing his curls and shirt.

"Those tight jeans leave little to the imagination, and I'm certainly not complaining." Liam added.

"There's a lot of attractive people walking around this school but that pretty thing is serving cake."

"What?" Zayn frowned again.

"That means he has a nice ass you troglodyte." Liam said.

"I guess." Zayn mumbled, too busy watching the wind catch his curls.

The ones he liked for someone to play with.

Zayn watched until Harry was out of sight and Liam turned him back around.

"So, what can you tell me about him?" Liam asked eagerly.

"He has a boyfriend. They've been together for months. Sorry." Zayn said, smirking without meaning to.

He then left Liam standing there, his curiosity getting the best of him and sending him after Harry.

But Zayn stopped as he came around the corner, seeing Louis.

He gave Harry a massive bouquet of pink roses, and looked to be apologizing.

Zayn watched the whole thing, feeling oddly irritated as Harry grinned and stepped into Louis' arms.

He realized he'd seen enough when they started kissing, so he turned away and went back to the lunch area.

"What was that about?" Niall asked as Zayn sat back down.

"Nothing." Zayn said quietly, hoping Niall would leave it alone.

Thankfully he did.

×
×
×

Harry sat in the back of the biology classroom with his legs crossed at the knee and his nose hovering just above the bouquet of roses he held.

He couldn't stop breathing in their wonderful scent.

From across the room Zayn stared, not sure how to feel.

He was an obsessive thinker.

He always had been, he always would be.

But he'd never obsessively thought about someone before.

Sure, he would worry about his mom quite often, and Niall would cross his mind every now and then, but all of a sudden his mind was a Harry Styles gallery.

Zayn hated it.

He didn't understand it and he wanted it to stop.

But of course it wouldn't.

It never would until he went over there and spoke to Harry.

But he just couldn't.

"Did you get him those flowers?" Naomi asked, interrupting his thoughts.

Zayn looked at her. "Of course not."

"Just wondering." She smiled knowingly, turning back around.

Zayn rolled his eyes, deciding to get out some paper and draw.

He drew freely, letting his hand take over rather than his mind.

Next thing he knew the bell rang and he had a paper full of mushrooms.

He decided to keep the paper, liking the abstract vibe it gave off.

"Hey, I already finished my math homework. Do you want it?" Harry asked, suddenly next to Zayn's desk.

He hadn't even heard him walk over.

Zayn looked down, seeing that he was wearing black converse today rather than boots.

"Sure, I guess." Zayn said, knowing he sure as hell wouldn't be able to figure it out on his own.

Harry handed him the paper and Zayn nodded as a thank you, looking at the roses.

"Those are nice." He decided to say.

"Aren't they? They're my favorite color. He remembered my favorite color." Harry gushed, overjoyed.

"Oh." Zayn said, making himself smile.

"I made myself not speak to him. That was the risk I took. And me doing that made him realize that he was wrong. He took the tracker off my phone and we had this talk and he apologized and gave me these. I'm feeling so much better about us now." Harry admitted.

"Great." Zayn said, getting up.

"Did you find your spark today by any chance?" Harry smiled, noticing how gloomy Zayn seemed.

Zayn looked at him. "I think I did. But..."

"But what?" Harry asked.

Zayn swallowed, looking away from those eyes that meant something different to him each time he looked into them.

"But now I think I was wrong." He eventually said.

"What? Why?" Harry asked.

"Sparks aren't one sided. And they don't happen with someone you've only been communicating with for a few months." Zayn explained.

"Oh, I see. Well if it's like that it must not be a real spark." Harry figured.

"You're probably right." Zayn said, that heaviness setting into his chest.

"Yeah. Don't worry too much about it. That spark will find you." Harry said, patting Zayn's shoulder before he left.

Zayn sighed heavily, wanting to punch himself.

Since when did Harry mean so much to him?

How did he end up like this?

And why?

Why must he always become interested in those who either didn't know he existed, or those who would never see him like he saw them?

Zayn figured he must've been a criminal in his past life to deserve this.

He shook his head, knowing he needed to calm down and quit acting like Harry was his soul mate or some shit.

Zayn wasn't losing him.

Harry was his friend.

In fact, they'd just become friends not too long ago.

He needed to chill out.

This was just a little confusion that would eventually work itself out.

He did not have serious feelings for Harry.

Perhaps just a sudden admiration that accidentally got out of control.

Yeah, that sounded about right.

Zayn knew it would resolve itself in no time.

Everything would be fine.