053

The next day at school, Zayn and Harry stood against the lockers sharing a few kisses before they had to separate and go to their second classes of the day.

"You're not going to punch him are you?" Harry asked quietly, talking about Zack.

"No." Zayn chuckled, kissing him again.

"I'm going to handle it like an adult." Zayn assured him.

"Okay. I'll see you later." Harry sighed, looking over Zayn's face.

"Okay." Zayn said, kissing Harry's forehead.

They reluctantly let each other go, walking off in opposite directions.

Zayn took a deep breath when he walked into the class, seeing Zack with his head in his sketchbook like always.

He walked over and sat down, wondering if Zack would speak to him first.

But after ten minutes of nothing Zayn knew it wasn't going to happen.

He cleared his throat. "Zack."

"Yeah?" Zack asked, not looking at him.

"We need to talk." Zayn said.

Zack stiffened, but kept shading his drawing. "We do?"

"Yes." Zayn said, trying not to get angry.

Zack swallowed, still not looking at him.

"Talk." Zack said quietly.

"I'm not the one who needs to say anything. You know what you did." Zayn said sharply.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry Zayn. I don't know what came over me I'm just- I was just really confused and I made a wrong move." Zack said.

"Okay but what I'm angry about is the fact that you knew how vulnerable he was at that time but you kissed him." Zayn said, staring at him.

"I know. I'm sorry." Zack said, looking downwards.

"So...I mean do you have feelings for him or were you just fucking around?" Zayn asked.

"Um, I don't really know how to answer. I-I wasn't trying to hurt him, it was just an in the moment type thing. He called himself ugly or something and I was telling him he wasn't and he got all blushy and started biting his lip and I just- I'd been questioning my sexuality since my girlfriend dumped me. Plus seeing you two making out all the time made me question it and- I mean we all know how attractive Harry is and-and he was just...right there so I kissed him." Zack explained.

Zayn frowned. "What did you say to him?"

"What?" Zack asked quickly.

"What did you say to him to make him blushy?"

"Oh um, I-I just told him he wasn't ugly. I was telling him how lucky you are to have him and-"

"Tell me exactly what you said." Zayn said through his teeth, getting angrier by the second.

"I called him stunning. That's it. I said someone would have to be blind to miss how stunning he is." Zack answered.

"Why would you say that to my boyfriend?" Zayn asked.

"I shouldn't have, I know. I'm sorry." Zack said.

"So you're attracted to him." Zayn said.

"Yes, but I understand that he's yours and I promise I won't cross that line anymore." Zack said quickly.

Zayn sighed, shaking his head. "You know, I thought we were friends."

"I'm really sorry, Zayn." Zack insisted.

"I don't want you around Harry anymore." Zayn decided.

"What? Why? I told you I wouldn't do anything like that anymore." Zack frowned.

"I don't trust you." Zayn said, looking at him.

Zack felt hurt.

"So...so what am I supposed to do?"

"Make new friends." Zayn said coldly.

That made Zack angry.

"So you don't trust me." He said skeptically.

"No." Zayn answered.

"That's bullshit." Zack scoffed.

"Bullshit that I don't trust the guy who kissed my boyfriend and flirted with him? Wow."

"No, what you're saying is bullshit. It's not me that you don't trust, it's Harry." Zack said.

"What?"

"You don't trust Harry. That's why you don't want me around. Your boyfriend is ready to give it up after a flirty look and some compliments." Zack said.

Zayn glared at him. "Don't talk like that about him."

"He wasn't ready to give anything up to you. He was vulnerable and upset at the time and you took advantage of that."

"Well it's not my fault that he was vulnerable and upset." Zack said quietly.

"Did I say it was?" Zayn snapped.

"You made it sound like you were blaming me."

"Whatever." Zayn muttered.

"It's true though. Deep down you don't trust him and you're trying to make it like you don't trust me." Zack said.

"Look, you don't know Harry. You don't know anything about how I feel about him." Zayn said.

"I think I know Harry pretty well. He's easy." Zack said.

"I'm not saying he's a bad person, I think he's kind, and great to be around, but he's easy."

"I told you not to talk about him like that." Zayn said angrily.

"I'm not trying to insult him! It's just the truth! Have you seen the stuff he posts on Instagram? And how he likes each comment about how attractive he is?" Zack asked.

"Just because he does that doesn't mean he's easy. He doesn't do anything with those guys." Zayn argued.

"He kinda does. If one comments they want to see him shirtless, his next post is him without a shirt and pouty lips." Zack said.

"He's living off of their attention. He does what they want to please them because he likes it. No matter who compliments him and no matter how, he ends up doing something for them. He's just easy-"

"What did he do for you then, hm? Tell me that." Zayn snapped.

"He let me kiss him." Zack replied.

"No he didn't, he pushed you away."

"But he didn't stop me. He knew I was going to kiss him and he let it happen before pushing me away." Zack pointed out.

Zayn paused before he glared at him once again. "It's in the past. What matters now is that you keep your mouth shut about my boyfriend and that you stay away from him."

Zack sighed, shaking his head.

"You know, good luck to you Zayn."

"I think you'll need it."