044

"You have such beautiful hair." Trisha said, feeling Harry's curls.

"Mom." Zayn warned, setting the table.

"It's okay, thank you." Harry blushed.

"This is still such a pleasant surprise. I've been begging Zayn to let me meet you forever." She said as she sat down.

"Does he always cook dinner?" Harry asked, making Trisha start laughing.

"No, I can already tell you're special because he's cooking for you." She said when she stopped laughing.

Zayn sighed to himself, serving them.

"Where's the garlic bread?" Trisha asked.

Zayn and Harry looked at each other.

"Um, I burnt it." Zayn said.

"It was my fault." Harry added, scaring Zayn a little.

Zayn was worried he would come right out and tell his mom the bread got burnt because the two of them were too busy making out.

"Well, it's okay. We'll survive." Trisha smiled.

"So Harry, what do you want to do after you graduate?" Trisha asked as they all started eating.

"Um, maybe model if I can get my foot in the door. I don't really have any other plans or interests in anything that's convenient for society." Harry said.

Zayn looked at him with pure admiration. "Me either. What a perfect way to put it."

Harry smiled at him, and Zayn's chest felt so warm.

His stomach felt so full of butterflies just because of the way Harry worded that.

"Well what are you interested in regardless of society?" Trisha asked after smiling at the way her son gazed at this boy.

"Like if you could have any job, what would it be?"

Harry thought for a moment. "Maybe an international food taster? A supermodel, um, or a singer. I wouldn't mind working from home somehow either. Maybe as a writer."

"I like the first one." Trisha smiled.

"Speaking of food tasting this is really good Zayn." Harry said.

"Thanks." Zayn said quietly.

Zayn was quiet most of the dinner, watching Harry and his mother bond.

It was strange how quickly they got comfortable with each other, but Zayn couldn't have been happier.

His two favorite people liked each other.

"Let me help." Harry said as Trisha stood to clear the table.

"You're so sweet!" Trisha praised him, winking at Zayn when Harry had his back turned.

Zayn blushed, smiling and shaking his head.

×
×
×

"Tonight was really fun, Zayn. She seemed to like me. I hope she did." Harry said as Zayn walked him out to his car.

"She liked you tons. I'm glad you had fun. We should make this a tradition. That way you never have to eat dinner alone." Zayn said.

He'd been giving this a lot of thought during dinner, and it hurt him to think of Harry sitting in his room alone when he ate dinner.

Harry smiled, throwing his arms around Zayn and hugging him tightly.

"Did I trigger the water works?" Zayn smiled, hugging him back.