Chapter 5

She seems suprised by my words, and stays quiet for a minute or so.

"It is okay if you don't want to tell me; I should of not asked you that in the first place.", I say to cut the silence.

"No, it is okay Niall. I'm just a bit stunned with that question since I haven't really thought of it. I don't know the answer to it. I'm honestly still confused about everything that happened, even if it was two months ago. He was my boyfriend, and I loved him at some point. Do I still love him? I don't know. I just don't know.", she says and rubs her temples.

"Hey, don't stress about it, okay? Don't think so much about either, overthinking and stress is bad for the human body. You'll find the answer to that question very soon, Alexy. Everyone goes through their heartbreak, even though the first one hurts the most. It feels like you're drowning within yourself and your thoughts, and they're the only one that can save you, be your lifeguard; but, they are no longer there, they broke their promise of being there whenever you needed them. They broke the promise of being together 'forever'. And even if hurts, like being stabbed multiple times, you need to move on with your life. Let them go because everything happens for a reason. Go find your actual true love, not your first love, even if they made it feel like their love was true. Then, many years later, you'll forget about them and all the pain they caused you. They won't matter because you have already married someone who you love, and they feel the same way about you. "

"Niall, you are very wise with words. I really like that about you. You're little speech moved me, and had me thinking. Everything you said is true; I just hope this pain ends soon because I can feel myself sinking even more and more."

"And I promise you, this pain will end soon love. You just have to keep your head up, and think positive. He is not worth it at all.", I say and grab her hand.

"Thank you so much. You don't know much your words mean to me, especially right now."

"You're welcome, I'm glad I can help."

"Now can I ask you a question?", she says as she looks up at me.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Well, when you talked about heartbreak, you knew what you were talking about. You described exactly how I felt, so I'm guessing you have went through your first heartbreak, haven't you?"

"Yeah I have, with a girl back home. It's been such a long time though. It was around the time I was put in the group with the rest of the guys. I had to put my dreams first, and it was so hard seeing her while I was on X-factor; so, it wasn't working out. And as much it hurt to do it, we went our separate ways. It hurt, really bad. I felt like how I described heartbreak on a daily basis, but after months, I finally moved on."

"And you haven't been with anyone since?"

"No, but not because of her and not because of I'm scared to get my heart broken. It's just, I'm wating for that special person."

"Oh. And, how would you describe that special person?"

"Well someone who is sweet, outgoing, smart, nice eyes, polite, funny and I can have a laugh with. Someone who isn't stuck up but is carefree. Also, someone who isn't clingy."

She nods her head and as she was going to speak, her phone goes off.

"It's my mom, sorry I have to answer this."

"It's fine.", I say and nod my head in approval.

She gets up and walks away, but not too far since I can still her, to have some privacy. After about five minutes, she comes back to where we are sitting, under the tree.