Chapter 8

I get up and off the couch, and pause the movie. I walk towards the front door, already growing impatient and curious on what is waiting for me outside. I see Dahlia and she is smiling wide, and I look to see, but no one is at the door, which is odd.

"What? There is no one here." I tell her, confused on why she would call me over just to see the empty space in front of us.

"Look down!"

I do as she says and I see a box, more like a gift, on top of my door mat. The gift is wrapped in the perfect shade of turquoise paper, and also had a silver bow to compliment the wrapping paper. The colors were a great combination together. Along with that was a name tag, with Alexy on it; and, it was written beautifully in cursive. I have no idea what is inside of it, but I smile so big just knowing that someone did this for me. It could be a box of cereal or even a pen, and I'd still be thankful for the gift. I pick up the box off the floor, and close the door. I practically run to the living room, eager to open it and see who it is from, and Dahlia is right behind me. I remove the bow and unwrap the paper to reveal what's inside. I gasp as I see a beautiful gold arrow necklace, and a perfect summer dress. It had a floral pattern, which wasn't over exaggerated, and would compliment the color of my skin. The dress was not too short or too long, it was just above the knee.

"This is such an exquisite dress and necklace." I say as I observe both of the items in front of me.

"Whatever that means." Dahlia shrugs.

"It means beautiful, extremely beautiful."

Below the necklace and the dress was a paper folded up. I unfold it to see what it says and begin reading...

Alexy,

I really hope you liked my gift. I saw this dress last night and thought it would look great on you. Also, Zayn's fiancée, chose the necklace because she said it would compliment the form and color of the dress. I decided to get you these two items so you could wear it today. I'll be picking you up at 2, so be ready! Can't wait to see you.

- Niall (:

I smile so big for the millionth time today. His note, his gift, the thought that he did this for me, and was thinking about me when he saw the dress gives me butterflies.

"Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever." Dahlia squeals as she reads the note over my shoulder.

"I know, I'll be right back." I reply and head to the kitchen counter to get my phone, I need to thank Niall for this.

As I open my message box to text him, I see he has already sent me a message so I start a short conversation.

Hey Alexy, I hope you liked your gift! x

Niall! Thank you so much for the beautiful gift, I loved it!

I have great taste in dresses, don't I? Haha.

I chuckle as I read Niall's recent message.

Haha, yes you do!

Honestly, I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait to see you later, Alexy.

Me too, today is going to be wonderful with you Niall (:

* 12:50 *

Dahlia had left an hour ago and kept reminding me to let her know how everything went nearly every five minutes. My mom had came home from doing some grocery shopping and stopping by my dad's office. And, I well I was getting ready to go see Niall.

I wanted to look my best and was being indecisive so I literally got every single thing from my makeup drawer, and took it with me to the bathroom. Along with that, I bring my curler with me. I plug it in and begin to curl it gently and doing each part of my hair for only a few seconds. If I do it for too long, it will result in tight curls, which I dislike. It reminds me of a doll's hair or the hairstyle that queens and princesses had in medieval times. After I'm done using the curler, I run my fingers through my hair to give it a wavy effect, which was what I was going for.

Next is my makeup. I take about five minutes to choose which of the few mascaras I should use. Finally, I choose a mascara that will give my eyelashes volume and length. Then, I apply some eyeshadow. I choose a nude, neutral color from my palette to apply to my eyelids. I skip wearing bronzer, blush, foundation and eyeliner since I feel like I don't need it; and, I'm trying to go for a natural look. The last thing I do is apply a light shade of red to give my lips more color.

Since I finished both my makeup and hair, I grab all my stuff and take it to my bedroom. The floral dress and golden necklace are laid out in my bed, ready for me to put on. I, first, put on the dress and look at myself in the mirror. I am stunned by the way I like how I look and feel confident in this piece of clothing, which is really rare for me. This dress compliments some of the few curves I have and my skin tone. I decide to not to wear a cardigan or jean jacket since it is a hot day here in LA, even though I was originally planning to. The only thing I had left was to find some shoes to match my dress. I look through my shoe rack, throwing them everywhere and some heels flying across the room, until I find the perfect pair. I finally notice my beige open toed wedges that haven't been used in a long time. They looked brand new and it matched the dress; it was the perfect summer outfit.

I look at myself one past time in the mirror and head downstairs. I check the time on my phone and it was 1:55 already. Did I really take that long to get ready? I sat down on the couch tapping my foot against the wooden floor creating noise. I was nervous yet patiently waiting for Niall's arrival.

"You nervous?" I hear my mom's voice coming from behind me. I had explained to her everything since she is my mom, and mentioned she think she had saw me in a magazine; so, it was necessary to tell her.

"Yeah, I am." I gulp and look at the time once again.

1:58

"So is this a date or no?" She asks curiously.

"I guess you can say so."

"Don't worry! You look very beautiful Alexy, he'll be head over heels!" she adds and sends me a warm smile.

"Thank you." I reply and send her a warm smile as well.

2:00

The doorbell rings just on time and I automatically stand up, along with flattening my dress.

"It looks like your date is here."

* Vote//Comment *