Chapter Two

My eyes catch the bodyguards who are beside the sleek black vehicle parked at the curb. I look back to the Adonis before me, blinking.

"I'm sorry- about before... Your Highness."

He closes his eyes, looking disappointed. "Someone told you."

"You created quite a stir. Someone told me when you left."

He hums, glancing around us. "Mind moving down there?"

I look where his gaze is directed. I raise a brow. "That's an alley."

"Yes, out of public eye. I can't be seen standing on the street."

I press my lips together but nod, somehow knowing he's not the type of guy to fondle me in an alleyway against my wishes. The alley is small, it's only occupant a trash bin. I tilt my body towards the wall as he plants himself beside me. It's darker here, significantly darker.

I look at him. "Have you been here this whole time? I didn't see you inside."

He smirks. "Were you looking?"

Well. I grin, looking down, taking a puff.

"I would have never pegged you for a smoker," he says, conversationally, leaning back into the wall.

"I only do it when panicking or stress takes over, really. It's a terrible habit."

"A tick."

"Exactly."

"I have that same tick. It can be calming."

I look at him, studying his features slowly before I hold out the cigarette to him. He smirks, but takes it. I hold my champagne glass to my lips, watching as he exhales.

"So, what are you panicking about?" he asks. "You did wonderfully tonight. You have nothing to be panicked about."

"I met you," I utter bluntly. "And made a fool of myself."

"Well, I saw no fool..." he replies, looking at me. "I enjoyed your obliviousness, immensely. I never get that."

I smile, looking down as he hands me back the bud. "Yes... but..."

He turns to me, up against the wall as I am so we're facing one another. "I'd like you to call me Henry still, from now on."

I must be drunk because I could swear, he just said from now on. I clear my throat, laughing nervously.

"From... now on?"

He smiles, wide. "Come out with me."

I bite my lip, confused. Intrigued. "Why did you come back here? To the party?"

"To get you," he murmurs bluntly, tilting his head. "To ask you what I just did."

I shake my head. "Henry-"

"Come out with me," he repeats, biting his lower lip to hide the grin. I can't resist it.

"Is that an order?" I ask, blunt from the drinks.

"If it has to be," he replies, taking the cigarette from my hand. "Show me who the real Mia Tyler is."

"Well, I'll have to change for a start. My things are inside."

"I'll wait here," he says, smirking knowingly. I stare at him, wondering what I hell I'm doing and a chuckle of nervousness escapes my throat. Jesus Christ, Mia. Are you going to do this? I hand him my champagne glass, walking around him towards the street lights.

...

He's in the same spot when I turn the corner towards the alley. I've got my dress bag and tote on one arm. I'm underdressed compared to him. I wore jeans and a Led Zeppelin t-shirt into the theatre, with sandals. He's still in the dream outfit, the cream-colored suit. I can't get enough of him in it.