Chapter Five

It's almost midnight by the time we're walking back to the guest room door. Royce and Angie are talking our ears off about the French Rivera trip they just arrived back from. We turn the corner, finding two people kissing against a door.

I blush, looking down. Henry clears his throat. They look up, chuckling.

"Michael, get a room, literally," Henry states dully, pointing to the door. I blink, surprised by how many people sleep together in this circle of friends. I find myself wondering if Henry does to. If he will tonight.

"Goodnight, Henry. Miss Mia," Angie hums, clasping onto the door beside mine. She's holding onto Royce for dear life, who is minutes from passing out. When their door shuts, it's just Henry and I and our undeniable attraction. I turn to him, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"This was quite a party."

He purses his lips. "Yes, I have- quite interesting friends. I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "It was fun, thank you, Henry. Both of these nights have been great."

He nods, looking down. "Your bag has been brought into the room and the forms are gone, so I hope you- have a pleasant sleep."

Unbelievably awkward, I nod to him as well. "Thank you."

He leans forward, kissing my cheek lightly. I touch his arm, wrapping my hand around his warm skin. He pulls back too soon, slowly before he turns, walking down the hallway without another word.

I stare after him, dejectedly, wishing I'd just been able to sign the damn contract.

...

I set myself into the bed, marveling silently at how fluffy the mattress is. I realize why the royal family always looks so rested now. I'm in a tiny, completely miniscule nightgown, since I didn't think I'd actually be spending my night alone. I clutch the pillow, resting my face against it. I try not to think of the sex going on around me. When I push that thought out, I'm confronted with the images of Henry and I on the blanket in the middle of a deserted forest. And quickly, it's all I can think about.

I press my hand to my throat, remembering as his tongue glided down the warm skin, making my body shiver with want. It shivers now, making my body feel warm. Warm and needy. I run my hand lower in the darkness, over my collarbone, settling over my breast. I grasp the skin, finding that my nipple is already hard.

My hand begins to descend further, but as my eyes flutter open, I remember where I am and I quickly stop myself, huffing, irritated. I am not going to do this here. No. I close my eyes again, trying to get my heart rate down. This is so unlike me.

There's a noise of a click suddenly and I open my eyes wide in the darkness. What was- I hear the click again, softer this time and every hair stands on edge on my body.

Someones in the room.

I feel the bed descend and the sheet rise. I tremble as a hard body conforms to the back of mine, arms coming around me, hand clasping my throat to turn my face to his. I smile dazedly, biting my lip.

"What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't stay away," Henry whispers, pushing the hair gently back from my face. "I want you."

"The NDA."

"Fuck it," he says, chuckling softly. "I trust you."

"You barely know me. Are you sure?"

"Tell me I can trust you, Mia."

I nod, immediately, not willing to put up a fight about this. "Yes."