Picture of Alpha George

Oliver’s POV    

“Oliver!”

The yell pierced through my entire body creating a sharp pain. The basement door flew open, brightening the dark room. “You slut, where’s my food? “  Alpha George spat, looking down at me. There it is. I thought. It’s never a dull moment with this hulk around.

“I’m sorry, sir.” It took every ounce of strength I have (which isn’t much) to stop myself from rolling my eyes. How can he be so ignorant, but still hold the Alpha title?

“Just get up here and cook!” Alpha George ordered, causing me to wince away from him. I bristly walked up the wooden stairs – knowing that if I take too long I’ll be punished.

Once I reached the top of the stairs, I quickly bow to the Alpha and jogged down the cream colored hall towards the modern kitchen.

His stare is always so intense. It's bad enough that his voice is so powerful, why do he have to have eyes that can look straight into your soul. It's terrifying.

I quickly made breakfast for Alpha George and Beta Collin. It consisted of waffles, a fruit salad, and small slivers of ham.  Beta Collin or as I like to call him, poena, wakes up at 9:00 on the dot, two hours after Alpha George. They insist on eating their meals together so that gives me two hours to prepare their spread. Today they were late.  The wall clock just above the kitchen sink read, 10:12. It made me anxious, out of the all the years I’ve gone through this cycle, they’ve never been late.

I walked over to the dinning hall, across from the kitchen and set the table for the two. Just as I put down the sugar-covered fruit, I heard laughing from down the hall.

Any other wolf would've been able to hear them from a mile away, with how loud they were being. But I'm an omega. My senses are just above an average humans, at best.

“….And then she slapped me! Can you believe that?”  It was Collin that was telling the story. I don’t think I was ever this relieved to hear one of my pack members voices; but I’d rather know what’s going to happen than be stuck in a state of question.  

The laughs got louder and louder until I knew they were both in the dinning room, with me. Turning around, I smiled at the larger men. Beta Collins smirked at my smaller frame. "Oliver! I need you to go to fill in at the garden. Becka, hurt her back again." The large man waved me off, before turning his attention back towards the Alpha.

Nodding at the command, I left the room and existed the house. Becka is the pack's main gardener. She's a very nice old woman who lost her mate the same year (and attack) that I lost my mother.

We've bonded over picking ripe fruits many times before. If I were to ever leave the pack she would be the only person (or wolf) that I'd miss.

I grabbed a wooden basket outside of the fenced in garden and entered the area.

Looking around I noticed the abnormally empty pack grounds. By now there would normally be a thriving community, but today no one was to be seen. It was just like that day.

Bending over I plucked ripe fruits and vegetables, for future meals. Being careful to avoid stepping on any stalk.

Run.  Alex suddenly spoke causing me to drop the pepper I was holding and let out a loud squeal.

Why?

She'd have to know the dangers of trying to escape after what happened last time. She's the logical one, for goodness sake!

Run! She yelled, ignoring my question.

You know what happened last time. I wanted to escape, I wanted to march out of this hell and into a new life but I’m weak and slow. I’m only good at observing but look how far that’s gotten me.

Run... Now, or I’ll run for you. Alex growled, her voice full of promise.

I didn't doubt that what she said was true, so with hesitance I dropped the basket I held and ran.

A/N: Oliver is part Latin so I thought it would be cool to have him speak some Latin. He isn't fluent in it but can speak in bits and pieces. Poeno means pain in Latin. The reasons he's called pain may or may not be revealed later on.