Something New

I sat on the leather sofa facing the too big television. On the flat screen played a cartoon, that wasn't like a cartoon at all. It had crude humor and concepts that children wouldn't be able to understand. And Cartoon's are for children, or at-least that's what Alpha George used to say.

The spruce door leading to the apartment rattled, then a "click" could be heard from the other side. Letting out a startled squeak (That I would later deny came out of my mouth) I hopped off of the couch. The door sprung open and in stepped Cameron, followed by an exhausted looking Blake.

Cameron smiled down at me. "Hey, Oliver."

I nodded up at him and returned the smile. Well, I tried to. I'm positive it looked more like a grimace.

"I'm sorry about, you know, throwing you in a cage and stuff. If I'd have know you were Blake's, um, mate I wouldn't of." Cameron chuckled awkwardly. Blake rolled his eyes and ventured off into the kitchen, completely ignoring the conversation that Cameron and I were having. And I'm glad he did. I'm still angry at him for keeping me here against my will- who wouldn't be?

"It's fine." I waved Cameron off before returning back to the couch. I don't blame Cameron for being captured. I was on their pack grounds, and I'm a rouge. It's only natural that when a rouge crosses your pack borders you start to get a little.. territorial.

Cameron sat to the right of me on the leather sofa. "Good. It would of been awkward if you hated me." The beta laughed at his own joke.

I hummed at his statement. "I have a long list of people who have wronged me. I don't think you would be at the top of that list, so don't worry." I smiled up at him. Even when we are both sitting he is much taller than me. It's so not fair.

"What do you mean by that?" Cameron questioned, worry and angry visibly mixing in his blue orbs creating a bomb of emotions.

I opened my mouth ready to tell him what I had just escaped, but Alex's voice floated into my head.

Don't

The single word she said echoed like an alarm, bouncing off of every cell in my brain. The warning caused me to close my mouth and flinch away from the hand that had managed to sneak it's way on my back.

"I.. Nothing. I didn't mean anything." I clamped my eyes shut and let out a deep breath. "Sorry, for worrying you." I open my eyes and smile again. It's a smile that's all teeth and dimples but it's anything from happy.

"Yeah. Okay." Cameron seems suspicious about whether I told the truth. He has every right to be questioning my odd reaction to such a simple question.

I didn't play that off convincingly.

-------

Thanks for reading! Reviews are always welcome!