• - 3 - •

A/N: So.. this time the italics will be the conversation and in the centre of the page.

Alex steps into the tomb only to be slammed up against the wall by Kol, Alex lets out a groan and looks towards Vincent

"I don't recall mentioning Kol in our conversation last night," Alex says, Kol releases Alex taking a step back, Alex glances at Josh. "I didn't mention him either."

"Alex?" Kol says surprised.

"Alex?" Josh says shocked.

"That is my name, yes," Alex says, she takes a step towards Vincent.

"Kol invited himself, and Josh is going to be our connection to the living," Vincent explains, Alex nods.

"You were alive this entire time?" Kol asks, obviously upset. "And you did not bother to come and tell me?"

"I thought your family had told you," Alex says. "But next time I'll come and tell you," Kol growls at her.

"You could have brought Davina back!" Kol says loudly, he wraps his hand around her neck in anger. "SHE COULD HAVE BEEN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"Her soul is safe!" Alex spits out, Kol glares at her. "The angels have her."

"They have plans for her," Kol says to himself, he releases his grip on Alex's neck. "Do you have any contact with her?"

"What do you think, Kol?" Alex says. "I had to keep her safe, they took her, and they're not allowing any contact." Kol nods his head." Now, let's get started."

"Hello?" Vincent answers his phone, Alex remains silent. "All right, listen, whoever this is, this isn't the best time."

"Well that is too bad," Alex says.

"Alex?" Vincent asks. "Is that you?"

"Who Else?" Alex says.

"Why are you calling?" Vincent asks.

"To chat, to let you know Davina's soul is safe," Alex says. "To tell you about Lucien's death, which story do you want to hear first?"

"You saved Davina's soul?" Vincent asks.

"Yes," Alex says.

"Then why couldn't we revive her? Kol almost killed Van." Vincent says.

"Correction, he did kill Van, and because she's under protection," Alex says. " Listen, I've had it with the ancestors."

"A lot of people's had enough of them," Vincent says.

"Didn't your wife try to find a way to destroy them?" Alex asks.

"Yes." Vincent hesitantly answers.

"Good, then will you help?" Alex asks.

"Destroy the ancestors?" Vincent asks.

"Yes," Alex says. "I want them gone, permanently, they're interfering with the real world, so will you help me?"

A vision flashes through Alex's mind of Elijah standing on a bridge with Klaus and Marcel.

"I have to go," Alex says, Vincent and Kol were already in the ancestral world while Josh was keeping them alive, he looks up at her worried. "Don't worry, I know you won't fail."

"You can't just leave," Josh says concerned.

"I have to go, you'll be fine," Alex says. "Just keep holding their hands." Josh nods his head and Alex teleports herself to the bridge, Alex appears behind Elijah just as Marcel falls over the bridge. "NO!"

"NO!" Klaus yells as well, Elijah looks horrified with what he had just done, Alex jumps over the bridge and begins searching for Marcel's body.

•••

Alex stood by a fire next to the river soaking wet, Elijah and Klaus stood across from her.

"The current took his body," Klaus says.

"Niklaus, I saw Freya's vision," Elijah says.

"What did you do, I could've talked him down... I could." Klaus says.

"You could've what? You would've watched our family's extinction at the hands of Marcel Gerard." Elijah says.

"HE WAS ONE OF US!" Klaus roars at his brother.

"He despised us, yes he was our friend, yes he was our family, the moment Davina Claire was lost, he became our foe, and a formidable one at that, he was the leader of the Strix, entrusted with all our secrets and then, Klaus, we betrayed him, I had no choice!" Elijah explains to his brother, Klaus takes a step closer to Elijah.

"Do you really believe that?" Klaus asks, Elijah doesn't answer him.

"He took the serum," Alex mutters, Klaus and Elijah look towards her. "He wanted to see if you would kill him or not." Elijah looks at Klaus as he begins walking away. "I should have tried harder to stop this." Alex disappears not wanting to deal with Elijah's comforting words, she should have tried harder, she should have told Marcel that Davina's soul was safe.