• - 9 - •

"Our home, once the pride of our family, now a flophouse," Klaus says as they walk into the compound.

"Indeed, the mighty have fallen," Elijah says, they walk towards the couches that were covered in dust, the signs of a fight could be still be seen on the dusty floors.

"Where's Vincent?" Hayley asks, Vincent walks into the building.

"Right here," Vincent says. "Kept my word, now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours, as soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city."

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we?" Klaus says. "Your city has lost its charm."

"What he means to say," Hayley says giving Klaus a glare. "That we're very grateful, just help her and we'll leave." Hayley lays Hope down on one of the sofas, crows started swarming above the compound, squawking loudly.

"Just give us what we want, and we will do so happily," Elijah says.

"Excuse me," Vincent says, he walks towards Hope bending down next to her. "Okay, Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a." Vincent chants, after a moment Hope opens her eyes and looks at Hayley.

"Mom?" Hope says, Alex studies Hope for a moment, feeling a dark aura still coming from her, Hayley held Hope against her.

"That's it, your little girl's purified," Vincent says as he stood from the ground, Alex gently shakes her head.

"Thank you," Klaus says gratefully as nobody saw Alex shaking her head.

"No look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city," Vincent says, Vincent walks past Klaus but stops once he saw the look on Alex's face, something told him that it wasn't over.

"Go see your daddy," Hayley says, Vincent turns to look at Hope as she walks towards Klaus, suddenly the crows above them fell to the ground surrounding Hope.

"What is this?" Klaus asks, concern laced in his voice, Hayley rushes towards Hope and holds her against her.

"I don't know," Vincent says, Hope begins looking around as Alex hears soft whispering.

"Mom? Can you hear that?" Hope asks, Alex looks around trying to find something, someone. "It's whispering." Everyone looks down at Hope, except Alex.

"Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han," Alex says as she heard the as Hope, everyone looks towards Alex. "That's what it keeps chanting, over and over again" Everyone turns to look at Vincent, He lets out a sigh.

"It's a nearly forgotten dialect," Vincent says. "It's Creole, it means 'The Hallow.'"

"The Hallow is coming." Alex finishes for him. "And I'm guessing, just by feeling how cold and dark it is, that's not a good thing."

•••

Alex walks down the stairs glancing at Klaus as she does.