• - 6 - •

2 Years Later

Alex held a book in one hand and held a coffee cup in the other hand waiting for her breakfast to arrive, she takes in a deep breath.

"Marcel." Alex breathes out, not taking her eyes away from the book in her hand. "Why am I being honoured with your unpleasant visit today? Especially when I decided out of the goodness of my heart to give you some space today."

"How thoughtful of you, Alex," Marcel says, sarcasm laced in his tone.

"Wasn't I doing you a favour?" Alex asks. "Considering that trouble arrived."

"The one day I actually hoped for you to show up, and you decided to disappoint me," Marcel says, Alex rolls her eyes.

"Doubtful." Alex mumbles, she takes a sip from the coffee before placing the cup down on the table.

"Believe what you want," Marcel says. "But I came to invite you to a gathering tonight."

"How thoughtful of you, but I'll have to reject your invite," Alex says.

"It's being held at the Mikaelson compound," Marcel says, Alex looks away from her book and up at Marcel. "An old friend of Klaus arrived into town, and he wants to see Klaus for himself, We both know what all his old friends want to do with him, and now that he can be killed without any one of his creations dying."

"I realize how much of a wanted man he is, Marcel," Alex says. "But you agreed to allow this troublemaker to see Klaus, just because he questions your decisions as a king." A smirk appears on Alex's lips as she closes the book in her hands, she placed it on the table. "Why are you really inviting me to the gathering? You know well enough that I will easily take Klaus from you if you display him, this time succeeding, unlike the last time when you knocked me unconscious and bit me."

"Because if you don't come tonight, Elijah might die as well," Marcel says. "I know that his life is linked to Klaus, along with Kol, Rebekah and Freya's."

"Well, congratulations, you're finally in the loop," Alex says, she looks into Marcel's eyes. "But I can see through your lies, you don't want me there, it was Klaus that asked for me." Marcel's eyes widen slightly in shock. "You'd rather toss me to Alistair, so I could kill him and do your dirty work." Marcel clenched his fist underneath the table, she had caught him.

"Glad to see you're not losing your touch," Marcel says, trying to recompose himself.

"I have an entire city filled with your followers to use as test dummies," Alex says, she stood from the chair as Marcel frowns up at her. "It's an endless supply, especially when the tourists arrived." Marcel's frown turns into a glare. "What time shall I be at the compound?"

"Midnight," Marcel says as he stood from the chair.

"I'll see you then," Alex says as she reaches for her book, Marcel speeds around the table and wraps his arms around her from behind making it seem like an embrace. "Wh-" Alex was cut off when she felt his fangs sink into her skin injecting his venom into her veins, even after five years of being constantly bitten by him, she still wasn't used to the razor-sharp teeth and the burning venom. "Ah."

"Just to be sure that you don't pull any funny business tonight," Marcel whispers in her ear, Alex elbows him in his stomach making him release as he gasps for air, she turns around to glare at him as she placed her hand over the wound on her neck. "Oh come on now, you should be used to it by now." He walks past her, leaving her to glare at him as he walked down the street.

"Bastard." Alex mumbles.

•••

Alex picks up her phone as it vibrated on her bed, she caught a glance of her pale complexion in the mirror, a layer of sweat coating her skin.

"Hayley," Alex answers the phone.

"I have a cure, Freya's been cured, and she's working on the cure," Hayley says. "But I need help, a bunch of vampires had been following me, and Freya really needs more time."

"Alistair's group." Alex mumbles.

"I could really use your help," Hayley says.

"I'll be there in a moment." Alex breathes out, she held back a cough.

"All right," Hayley says, Alex heard the phone drop to the ground as Hayley was attacked.

"Hayley, Hayley, if you can hear me, Kill as many as you can!" Alex says loudly, she ends the call as she lets out a violent cough, she places her phone in her leather jacket. "Come on, come on." Alex takes in a deep breath gathering all the strength she could find before teleporting herself to Hayley's location, she falls to her knees as she appears between Hayley and the group of vampires, all eyes now on her.

"Look at the pathetic attempt of help." One of the vampires says, Alex looks up at Hayley's wolf form.

"Go." Alex mumbles, Hayley runs out of the building as Alex slowly rose to her feet, her eyes turning blue in the process.

"Kill that thing." One of the vampires says. "AAHHH!" Each vampire fell to their knees as they burst into flames.

"I'm not a thing," Alex says, her voice low and weak. "I'm a fucking nightmare." The screams died down as each vampire turned to ash, Alex takes in a deep breath as she felt herself become light-headed, she grabs her throat falling to her knees as her throat burned.

"ALEX!" Elijah yells, Alex's body hits the ground as she becomes numb, she coughs up blood as helplessly watching as Elijah approaches her, her vision became blurry as she faded. "Alex." Elijah speeds up to her and kneels down next to her.

"Elijah," Alex mumbles as a weak smile appears on her lips. "I'm so glad you're alive."

"Alex, what's wrong? What's happening?" Elijah asks, concern laced in his tone, Hayley appears in Alex's vision fixing her clothes before everything around her disappeared, she once against laid lifeless in front of Elijah. "What's happened?" Elijah's eyes search her body for any sign, he moves her hair away from her shoulder and saw the infected mark on her neck. "He bit her."

"She'll be fine," Hayley says, Elijah looks up at Hayley. "He's been biting her a bunch of times over the last five years, the venom started spreading quicker and quicker each time." Elijah nods his head and looks back at Alex. "She says that if he continues biting her that his venom wouldn't affect her anymore in the future."

"Her body would adjust to the venom," Elijah mutters. "One day he's going to bite her, and she's not going to die, instead she's going to hunt him." He placed his hand over her eyes and closed them. "Kol told me this while we were." Elijah lets out a sigh. "Marcel will pay for making her suffer." Elijah carefully picks her up. "Let's go, we must leave."