• - 11 - •

Elijah stood on Vincent's balcony waiting for Alex to retrieve Vincent, Elijah hasn't been invited into Vincent's apartment yet and the only one that could enter was Alex, she stood near a wall and clears her throat to get Vincent's attention.

"I've never heard of an angel breaking and entering," Vincent mutters.

"You seem to forget, I'm not just an angel," Alex says with a slight smirk on her lips. "You have a visitor on your balcony." Vincent lets out an irritated sigh.

"Why am I not surprised that you didn't come alone?" Vincent says as he walks around the table with a bunch of pictures and notes on it, he walks past Alex and stared at Elijah on his balcony. "What do you want?"

"Can we at least pretend to be civilized?" Elijah asks.

"We're supposed to be civil?" Vincent asks. "Does Marcel know? I'd ask him, but I can't find him anywhere."

"He said pretend," Alex says.

"It is outrageous, where is that young man's sense of courtesy?" Elijah says, Vincent appeared to be unamused. "And, please, invite me in." Vincent takes a step closer to the door.

"Tell me where Marcel is," Vincent says.

"Detained until we can be sure that he's free of this things vile influence." Elijah states.

"You Mikaelson's, you always find a way to get right back on the top, don't you?" Vincent says. "And I bet you got a plan all figured out."

"As a matter of fact, I do, a rather festive one," Elijah says.

"Let us tell you about it," Alex says, Vincent glances at Alex before looking back at Elijah.

"Look, if you're gonna help me fight this thing, you're gonna have to know what it is that you're up against," Vincent says. "Come in before I change my mind."

"Wonderful" Elijah says as he steps into the apartment, they walk around the wall blocking the view from the pictures pinned up against Vincent's wall.

"Is this every place it's appeared?" Alex asks as she examines a map.

"Yes, and it always comes up in four," Vincent says, Alex nods her head and begins reading through some notes. "This thing has been haunting the city for a very long time and before today the only thing I knew about it was that it was a spirit." He inhales deeply. "Practiced some very dark magic, and it was trying desperately to get back into this world, and that's why it tried to sacrifice those kids, that's why it tried to do the exact same thing to Marcel and to Klaus."

"Because if it kills them and they die, it absorbs all their power." Alex finishes his sentence.

"Exactly," Vincent says.

"It's already stronger than before, I can't find it anywhere, and the spirits on the other side claim they haven't seen it," Alex says as she looks up at Vincent and Elijah.

"Talk to us about this," Elijah says as he looks at Vincent.

"This is the history of the city, this is the ebb and flow of violence and tragedy," Vincent says, he points to the corkboard. "Look, this is Madame LaLaurie, this is uh, the Axeman, I mean the list goes on and on and on and on ad sometimes it's hidden, but if you know you're looking for, right, there's always a sign it's The Hallow, and when it does bubble up, it always does so in a pattern of four."